cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Keys! Do you use 'em?

X-ROG
Level 15
Macro Keys! Do you use them and if so, what for and on what devices?

It will help solve an argument we're having here, because I never do but some people can't live without them - but they are tied between preferring mouse and keyboard.

Let me know (and help bring peace to ROG HQ!)
20 REPLIES 20

Gorman
Level 12
No, I don't use macro keys, but;
> I do use macros a lot with AHK and various hotkeys
> I use a Razer Nostromo
> My keyboard is reduced layout

Peripherals:

Example macro:
#IfWinActive, DOTA 2
armlet_k = h
treads_k = j

q::
Send, %treads_k%
Send, %treads_k%
Send, %armlet_k% ;Remember to have it off
Send, %treads_k%
Send, %armlet_k%
return

Example nostromo layout:

Note; the F macros are just click FX, right click, click F5 (F5 is my primary skill)

kkn
Level 14
personaly i dont use macros even i have 30+ avalible 😛

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

nadof1
Level 7
Never use, however the wife loves it she uses IntelliType Pro for something. Im not entirely sure what as I try to ignore her most of the time.

ittle OG

Maximus VI Impact - I7 4770k - GTX 780 DC2OC
Trident X 2400 2x8Gb - Samsung 840 500Gb - CM120 Elite
Corsair Ax860i - H90 2x CF-V14HP

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Depends on what I'm doing, like in Gaming not at all I have way too many keys to handle anything I do but for using a Office Programs like Libra Office yes a lot, I also use some with Maya, Cad, and a few other Graphics software's because it makes the workflow a lot better.

Marshall, the better first question would have been if people really understood what a Macro is even though most of the People on this forum are Geniuses and already know everything, you might be surprised at your answers.

DaemonCantor wrote:
Marshall, the better first question would have been if people really understood what a Macro is even though most of the People on this forum are Geniuses and already know everything, you might be surprised at your answers.

Then that means they don't care about/aren't interested in them 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
Well, I have to admit that i have no idea what a "Macro Key" is... 😞 because of that, i don't think that I ever used... - or who knows?

Is it good for OC'ing? 😄

Zka17
Level 16
LOL, kkn, thanks! At least I did learn something today too... :cool:

But no, I don't think I would use it...