cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z-87 Pro, AI Suite 3 "access violation" error on restart

millerdude
Level 7
When running AI Suite 3's 4 way optimization, upon the initial restart after Windows loads I get the following error.... "Access Violation at address 00451314 in module 'AISuite3.exe'. write of address 000003A8."

I have the 1007 Bios on the z87 pro, I-5 4670K processor, 8Gb (2x4GB) G.Skills Sniper Series Ram, Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

I uninstalled AI Suite 3 several times, ran the cleaner after uninstalling, re-installed AI Suite 3 only to end up with the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55

TRiSTANTRiLL
Level 7
Getting same error here with the z87 pro would love some help.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All I can suggest is remove that stuff. If you need a monitoring software the use HWmonitor, if you need fan control use Speedfan. If you wish to OC use the bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
I would suggest a fresh install of Windows with no other monitoring software running and some stability testing be done. AI Suite has not had any issues on the installs I have done.

Contacted Asus.... They suggested putting AI Suite III on the date execution prevention list. That didn't help. They also suggested a fresh install of Windows which I did as well only to end up with the same exact problem. I really only wanted the AI Suite for the fan optimization and to give me a ball park area for oc'ing. Newegg video showing the AI Suite III for the z87 boards really spiked my interest. It's a shame it's looking like I will not be able to use this feature on my brand new board. This will most likely be the last Asus board I purchase if I don't end up returning it.

Also flashed bios to new 1205 on asus site. Still no luck.

Did you uninstall ai suite3 and then run the removal tool in safe mode? :cool:

Praz
Level 13
What model Sniper memory do you have? For testing purposes try running with a single module.

Raja
Level 13
With Praz here:

1) memory instability

and or

2) Java problem.

-Raja

millerdude
Level 7
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR.
I will test it with 1 memory module and report back. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.