cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 4 extreme raid problem

piplupgao
Level 7
When I get to the screen that says press ctrl-I I press that but it doesn't take me to the screen where I can start a raid array can any give me a solution?
7 REPLIES 7

neyuru
Level 10
Are you using an USB based keyboard? If so you may try to enable support for USB detection at POST (you can enable this on USB configuration on the advanced tab of you BIOS and/or on the Boot tab under "fast boot" try to enable usb detection if available). If this doesnt resolve you issue you can try a PS/2 keyboard (for the sole purpose of ctrl-i'ing the raid controller)

[/HR]
Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 4206
Intel I7-3820
32 GB Quad Channel Kingston Hyper X Genesis
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
2 x WD Velociraptor 250 GB RAID0
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM Silent Pro Hybrid - 1300W
CM HAFx

neyuru wrote:
Are you using an USB based keyboard? If so you may try to enable support for USB detection at POST (you can enable this on USB configuration on the advanced tab of you BIOS and/or on the Boot tab under "fast boot" try to enable usb detection if available). If this doesnt resolve you issue you can try a PS/2 keyboard (for the sole purpose of ctrl-i'ing the raid controller)

can I use a usb to ps2 adapter?

piplupgao wrote:
can I use a usb to ps2 adapter?

you might... report back if this resolves your issue 😉

[/HR]
Intel I7-3820
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM HAFx

neyuru wrote:
you might... report back if this resolves your issue 😉

nothing worked
and yes my bios is updated

You might try to connect the keyboard to another pc/laptop to see if it works (of interest the I and Ctrl keys, if it works, place the keyboard on another usb port to see if the one you are using is defective (Iwould recommendo using the ports on the back panel of the motherboard, not with any usb hubs)

[/HR]
Intel I7-3820
2 x Nvidia GTX 690
Intel 120GB 320 SSD
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
CM HAFx

neyuru wrote:
You might try to connect the keyboard to another pc/laptop to see if it works (of interest the I and Ctrl keys, if it works, place the keyboard on another usb port to see if the one you are using is defective (Iwould recommendo using the ports on the back panel of the motherboard, not with any usb hubs)

problem solved my keyboard had a broken "i" button

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is your Keyboard active? In other words how do you know your keyboard is being picked up?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.