New ROGer Array

Rampage 4 extreme raid problem

When I get to the screen that says press ctrl-I I press that but it doesn't take me to the screen where I can start a raid array can any give me a solution?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array neyuru's Avatar

Are you using an USB based keyboard? If so you may try to enable support for USB detection at POST (you can enable this on USB configuration on the advanced tab of you BIOS and/or on the Boot tab under "fast boot" try to enable usb detection if available). If this doesnt resolve you issue you can try a PS/2 keyboard (for the sole purpose of ctrl-i'ing the raid controller)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Is your Keyboard active? In other words how do you know your keyboard is being picked up?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by neyuru View Post
    Are you using an USB based keyboard? If so you may try to enable support for USB detection at POST (you can enable this on USB configuration on the advanced tab of you BIOS and/or on the Boot tab under "fast boot" try to enable usb detection if available). If this doesnt resolve you issue you can try a PS/2 keyboard (for the sole purpose of ctrl-i'ing the raid controller)
    can I use a usb to ps2 adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by piplupgao View Post
    can I use a usb to ps2 adapter?
    you might... report back if this resolves your issue

New ROGer Array

you might... report back if this resolves your issue
    nothing worked
    and yes my bios is updated

You might try to connect the keyboard to another pc/laptop to see if it works (of interest the I and Ctrl keys, if it works, place the keyboard on another usb port to see if the one you are using is defective (Iwould recommendo using the ports on the back panel of the motherboard, not with any usb hubs)
    Last edited by neyuru; 07-24-2013 at 01:24 AM.

New ROGer Array

You might try to connect the keyboard to another pc/laptop to see if it works (of interest the I and Ctrl keys, if it works, place the keyboard on another usb port to see if the one you are using is defective (Iwould recommendo using the ports on the back panel of the motherboard, not with any usb hubs)
    problem solved my keyboard had a broken "i" button