Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    So I need to figure out if this issue can be solved by an update, then it will be better for me than the G75VX, if it will be like this as long as I have it, unfixable, then the G75VX might be a better choice for me.
    cosmicmango's testing on the previous page shows that this is a simple issue to fix. A single bit in the CPU controls whether this laptop throttles while on battery power. This was done deliberately to protect the battery. If Asus wrote a new bios they could turn off this throttling. That's not going to happen unless users start returning their G750 laptops because they can not run at the advertised speed while on battery power.

Here's the guy that originally used ThrottleStop to disable BD PROCHOT on his G750.

His website shows how he has ThrottleStop setup and he might be able to tell you how his battery is holding up.
    Last edited by xeromist; 09-09-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed banned domain

Quote Originally Posted by unclewebb View Post
    If Asus wrote a new bios they could turn off this throttling.
    I sure hope they do that... The battery is not that weak, not any worse than on G75VX...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Thanks man your a life saver. Im going to do some tests.

Edit: I can finally play minecraft on my god damn battery lol
    Last edited by EpIcSnIpErZ23; 08-06-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
    RAM: 12GB
    HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
    SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
    Origin ID: DriftingSloth

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Ok. I have tested Left For Dead 2 on battery power with throttlestep. I can get 15 fps on maximum settings. Better than 2 fps

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	24635
    Desktop: [CPU: i5-4670k] [GPU: R9 290x] [RAM: 8GB] [HDD: 3x 1tb Raid 0] [MOBO: MSI Z87 M-Power]

Asus G750JW-DB71
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 765m [GPU CLOCK: 997MHZ] [MEMORY CLOCK: 6 GHZ]
    RAM: 12GB
    HDD: 1x 1TB HDD
    SSD: 1x 64GB SSD
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055414700/
    Origin ID: DriftingSloth

I don't wanna do this if it's not guaranteed to be safe

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'd be cool with this...

If CPU throttling was disclosed as a feature in their marketing literature for the G750s. I could have made an informed decision about whether to get a G750 or an MSI or whatever, but sadly it was not. That really doesn't sit well with me. Did ASUS really think no one would notice this?

Somewhere in the manual states that the laptop is not intended to be plugged in all the time. Given this throttling issue, you can't really game or edit videos on this laptop UNLESS it's plugged in. Unplugged it's really only good for web browsing, email, etc. Not what I expected, and certainly not how this product was marketed...

Plugged in it's a great machine (and with the addition of an SSD, 24GB RAM, 1GB SATA 6Gb data drive), it really does hum right along doing what I need it to do...

On battery? Whole nother story.

I'm looking for a BIOS update (and perhaps a spare battery) for ASUS to make this right...

Quote Originally Posted by Musicmatters View Post
    Given this throttling issue, you can't really game or edit videos on this laptop UNLESS it's plugged in. Unplugged it's really only good for web browsing, email, etc.
    Pretty much only e-mail and Word / light Excel works. Heavier browsing suffers, not even talking about software development or database work. Hell, even PowerPoint can be really slow, lol. I had to return my laptop while I still could. If this gets fixed I will buy one again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Do we know if ASUS is aware of this? I mean that people have issue with their latest machine and the way how processor is set up?
    I am just curious if they are doing something about it or just letting people return their lap tops?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I contacted them about this and they are aware of this thread.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Awesome. Thanks for doing that Musicmatters. If you come across any thread on here on any other forum where they have responded on this issue, please let us know.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast