cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing GPU Tweak

Shaddowflyer
Level 7
Hi guys

I am having trouble installing this software. it most likely has nothing to do with the actual gpu software but i like to cover all areas. i keep getting the 1607 unable to install install shield error witch i haven't got before and never had problems with other installations. the machine that i am having trouble with is running windows 8 64bit. its a ASUS G74s Gaming laptop.

Thanx for any help
5 REPLIES 5

LouieBibo
Level 7
ive got the same problem. still no answer.

can anybody help us please!

CPU:Intel i7 3960x Extreme MB:Asus Rampage IV Extreme RAM:16gb Patriot IEM Limited Edt. 1600mhz DDR3 GPU:Asus GTX770 DCUII OC Cooling:Corsair H100i CASE:Fractal Define XL (modded) HDD/SSD:Samsung 840 PSU:Corsair AX860 OS:Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit (UEFI)

hipkapapple
Level 7
I have no answer for you, but share solidarity in your predicament. I wondered if you had since found any means of circumventing the problem? I believed my error to inititally be caused by a windows activation time bomb, but it seems this was not the case.
I would be most grateful if I could get this program up and running again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have no fix for you as I do not have the hardware to test for you, what I can suggest as an alternative is that you try other software tools to OC your VGA. Afterburner is well known (same original author as the GPUTweak) and well supported by the author.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi

I'm only new but i'm getting the same.

I've done some research and i was put forward to the microsoft site which prompted me to do their "fix" program. Trouble is it wants to know
what program your having trouble with and you can't choose GPU Tweak.

I've tried installing as admin, under different compabilities etc. On the plus side my 7970 platinum is working a treat just wish I could overclock.

Oh, I've tried MSI afterburner but even with the voltage unlock tick I still cant adjust the voltage.

HiVizMan
Level 40
With Afterburner you will need to enable unofficial overclocking

To enable the unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to edit the MSIAfterburner.cfg file located in the installation directory of AfterBurner (typically Program Files (x86) MSI Afterburner):

You need to alter the following:
Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:
I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path
Using the unofficial overclock method opens up more freedom in terms of voltages and clock ranges
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.