New ROGer Array

Question Problems installing GPU Tweak

Hi guys

I am having trouble installing this software. it most likely has nothing to do with the actual gpu software but i like to cover all areas. i keep getting the 1607 unable to install install shield error witch i haven't got before and never had problems with other installations. the machine that i am having trouble with is running windows 8 64bit. its a ASUS G74s Gaming laptop.

Thanx for any help

ROG Member Array

ive got the same problem. still no answer.

can anybody help us please!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	24393
    CPU:Intel i7 3960x Extreme MB:Asus Rampage IV Extreme RAM:16gb Patriot IEM Limited Edt. 1600mhz DDR3 GPU:Asus GTX770 DCUII OC Cooling:Corsair H100i CASE:Fractal Define XL (modded) HDD/SSD:Samsung 840 PSU:Corsair AX860 OS:Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit (UEFI)

New ROGer Array

I have no answer for you, but share solidarity in your predicament. I wondered if you had since found any means of circumventing the problem? I believed my error to inititally be caused by a windows activation time bomb, but it seems this was not the case.
    I would be most grateful if I could get this program up and running again.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I have no fix for you as I do not have the hardware to test for you, what I can suggest as an alternative is that you try other software tools to OC your VGA. Afterburner is well known (same original author as the GPUTweak) and well supported by the author.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Hi

I'm only new but i'm getting the same.

I've done some research and i was put forward to the microsoft site which prompted me to do their "fix" program. Trouble is it wants to know
    what program your having trouble with and you can't choose GPU Tweak.

I've tried installing as admin, under different compabilities etc. On the plus side my 7970 platinum is working a treat just wish I could overclock.

Oh, I've tried MSI afterburner but even with the voltage unlock tick I still cant adjust the voltage.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

With Afterburner you will need to enable unofficial overclocking

To enable the unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to edit the MSIAfterburner.cfg file located in the installation directory of AfterBurner (typically Program Files (x86) MSI Afterburner):

You need to alter the following:
    Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:
    I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
    Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path
    Using the unofficial overclock method opens up more freedom in terms of voltages and clock ranges
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.