Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I flashed to the new BIOS (1203) day before yesterday and it has been a trainwreck. I have a 4770K, Maximus VI Formula, 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 with an Nvidia GTX 560. Have had no issues the past few months playing SWTOR, Batman Arkham City, Saints Row 3 or 4, etc. After flashing the new BIOS (I know that it's bad practice to dive in head first to new firmware, but I'm on vacation so have time to play around) my games were crashing randomly. I reconfigured every detail in the bios and reset it, still no go. It had been awhile since I had wiped my system so went ahead and did a full wipe, clean start.

Still having the same issues with crashing. Each BSOD is a different error, but all seem to boil down to how the board is dealing with the RAM, which I am using an XMP profile to make work at 2666. I have tried manually configuring the RAM, also a bust. Will be rolling back to 1102 as I had no issues. I don't overclock or anything and don't use the AI Suite. I have Windows 8.1 and all drivers are up to date. The only erroneous item was the firmware update that seems to have borked how the board deals with the RAM. Anyway, thought I would give my experience here. I wish you better luck than I had if you flash to 1203.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Have you tried more DRAM voltage ?

I was at 46 CPU multiplier / 46 cache ratio with 0804 ..... RoG Real bench stable at about 1.365 but BF4 crashed it until I got up to 1.38. Adaptive would bring it up to 1.408 / 1.42 under RoG Bench. Under 1102, it's no longer stable at 46/46 at 1.38..... I had to drop to 46/43 and voltages under RoG Bench are breaking 1.48..... I tried 1.39 as VID but that shoots the Vcore over 1.5 under RoG Bench so I shut down.

Given your experience, 1203 is outta the question. I'm wondering whatz going on....1102 was up and then pulled now up again and soon replaced by 1203..... wondering if these are Win8 issues they are trying to address but it sure is stomping on my Win7 install. With the RoG MoBo and full water loop I was hoping to do better than those on air coolers..... while I'm pleased with the aesthetics and low noise of the loop, and I was pleases to hit my 46/46 target initially..... I am very disappointed at what the BIOS updates are doing to voltages. If ya find some place where Asus jumps in w/ some advice, please point me along.
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello could use some help with my formula.

I have the latest bios installed and using 4770k on board gpu.

I set raid in bios and when rebooting I get no intel raid bios.

As a matter of fact, all I get is a black screen if I have boot logo disabled. If boot logo is enabled I will get that but no post info.

Anyone know how to get the raid bios to appear? I know it is working as my swapped raid setup automatically worked from another machine but I can't set up a new raid if I can't get in the bios.

Also, board has some weird issue when using a keyboard connected to a few USB hubs away. Bios will start but just lockup on American mmegarends screen.

New ROGer Array

Hi all, i am Denny Nice To meet You! I have An Maximus vi formula and i flashed The BIOS up To 1203. I have one problemi, when i start The system The usb ports works, But when try To login in win 8.1 all ports Not working.. how Can i resolve It? Good year To all!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ya, this board is a nightmare with the USB ports. If I have a certain number of USB ports/hubs plugged in, the BIOS won't even post and locks up! I've tried all of the BIOS USB option to no avail.. This board has some serious USB issues.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Exclamation

I had the same f! nightmare with this board. After a lot of trial and error, I "solved" this issue.
    You have to flash it with the 1202 Windows Vista version, doesn't matter the Windows actual version, mine is W7. It's dead slow to boot up, but works, others after the 1203 flash, just won't post here, no video with on-board or discrete vga.
    Do not flash this board if it's running fine, seriously!
    Waiting for them to fix this, seriously disappointed with it.
    Last edited by Antony-rog; 01-02-2014 at 11:19 PM.

New ROGer Array

Sorry if this has been answered guys, but I tried searching first.

Why does this board not support 3-way SLI, while it supports Crossfire x 3?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSparks View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered guys, but I tried searching first.

Why does this board not support 3-way SLI, while it supports Crossfire x 3?
    Unfortunately, It's that way by design.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nvidia requires x8 for all cards, the third slot on the board only has x4 ability.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array EasyLover PC Specs
    EasyLover PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMU32GX4M4A2666C16R
    Sound CardSupreme HiFi DAC
    MonitorAsus VX24AH
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
    Storage #2WD Black 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65
    Headset Sony MDR 1R BT
    Mouse Pad Corsair M600
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 x64

Dear(s)

I've purchased Maximus VI Formula and I must say it is worthy buying board. I'm running GTX660 on it from my previous rig. Today I tried to switch to on-board graphics (iGPU) but after restart my screen remains blank. I could not figure it out why is this happening. Whenever I switched it back to PCIe (for which I've to clear CMOS as my primary adapter is set to iGPU [manual settings]), it works perfect. Any help on how to run on on-board graphics.

Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast