Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Arrow

I noticed a little bit of stability in the system boot, it takes about the same time in every checking, vga, hdd, etc. Before it used to hang a little in the vga and hdd. I haven't noticed improvement in temperatures or voltages so far, but everything is working, that's always my fear before an update.
    I'd really like to see some release notes on the bios update about the issues they solved, but...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Ambidexter's Avatar

Release Notes Please...and put them in the ZIP file!

Exactly my point!

Also, I would think that release notes would cut down on the number of people posting here with update problems, because less people would be using every update.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there are updates, thanks Asus! I just got off a mobo from Intel that stopped getting updates in 2009! I went from XP to Vista (groan) to Win 7 with the same BIOS. So keep the updates coming Asus, just let us know if we need them! A classic example, saying the released BIOS has "Support New 4th-Generation Intel Core Processors" doesn't help. In X months, there may be NEWER processors which this BIOS won't support. So, list the "new" processors the BIOS supports! Saying "Stability improvement" causes anyone who's had stability problems, even if we try to OC past a processor's ability, to install the update just to see what the improvement MAY be. Why not just read "improved on release 1304 which would BSOD when <insert arcane USB disk here> was used". Well, if I didn't use that disk, I wouldn't care for the update.

I understand that Asus can't say everything...as competitors could use it against Asus in literature or in new products. ("Asus didn't support X, but we do...see their release notes below!") but there has to be some balance made between the users need to know and the company's need to protect itself.

And as a final thought, once they get some release notes, I'd hope they put that in a text file that's included in the zip file. It makes no sense to have to look on their web site just to verify what a particular release does.

Cheers,

-Ambi

Quote Originally Posted by Antony-rog View Post
    I noticed a little bit of stability in the system boot, it takes about the same time in every checking, vga, hdd, etc. Before it used to hang a little in the vga and hdd. I haven't noticed improvement in temperatures or voltages so far, but everything is working, that's always my fear before an update.
    I'd really like to see some release notes on the bios update about the issues they solved, but...
    MB: Maximus VIII Hero
    CPU:Intel i7-6700K OC @ 4.7 GHz
    Mem: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3600 MHz
    Vid: EVGA GTX980 Ti SC@ 1530MHz
    SSD:RAID1&0 Samsung 256G 840 Pro

HDD: RAID1 6TB Ultrastar 7K6000
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    Case:Corsair 600T, mod for roof rad

Custom Loop:
    Block:EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, Copper
    Rads:AlphaCool ST30 360 & 120
    Fans: 4 X Enermax CLUSTER Advance, Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm, KingWin DB122
    Pumps:2 X MCP 35x in series
    Tubing:Tygon 2475 1/2" ID X 3/4" OD

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Not going to happen sorry. We have asked before for more detailed changelogs and the current level of detail is the maximum they will go. Prior to that it was plain "Improved system stability."

Also:
    a) Stablity improvements does not by any means cover overclocking beyond the CPU sample's capacity. That much is commong sense.
    b) For CPU support there's a detailed list of supported CPUs and from which version of the UEFI (or BIOS for the older boards) they're supported from.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

New ROGer Array

hola.¿alguien sabe si puedo usar 2 hd 5970 en mi maximus vi formula?

ROG Enthusiast Array

If the translator is right, you want to know if you can use two amd (ati) 5970 cards on your mobo right?
    Yes you can use even three cards if your psu can take it.

Automatic translated: (Si el traductor tiene razón, usted quiere saber si se puede usar dos procesadores AMD (ATI) 5.970 tarjetas a la derecha mobo?
    Sí, puedes usar hasta tres tarjetas si su fuente de alimentación puede soportar.)

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array sk2play's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    Not going to happen sorry. We have asked before for more detailed changelogs and the current level of detail is the maximum they will go. Prior to that it was plain "Improved system stability."

Also:
    a) Stablity improvements does not by any means cover overclocking beyond the CPU sample's capacity. That much is commong sense.
    b) For CPU support there's a detailed list of supported CPUs and from which version of the UEFI (or BIOS for the older boards) they're supported from.
    Thanks for the info. I am glad I came here first instead of googling it.

ROG Member Array

Hey all, just stumbled upon this thread while googling for a possible fix for my issue; I have an i7 4770k and the BIOS is reporting an overvoltage on core #0. Previously another user posted something similar but got no further response.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post387269

(Sorry for hanging on the thread but I did this to follow up with this specific issue).

At this point I started to think this is indeed an issue with the voltage sensors because the temps for all the cores are pretty much equal, in other words, more voltage = more temp, right?

Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone can help me troubleshooting this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

How to raise as ssd 4K-64 read and write performance on raid-0 of ssd's of M6F ?
    already disabled c-states.
    now no difference between raid-0 of 2 ssd's or 3...
    thanks,
    Jerome.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

RAID will not help you with random 4K much at all. Only with sequentials. There's nothing you can do to raise them other than messing with the NTFS flags. Look into fsutil.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

am i the only one that have broken USB 3.0 ports?
    Intel Core i7-7700K @5GHz [Cools with Corsair GTX100i [Push & Pull]] | Asus Formula IX | SLI ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX OC@2GHz | Corsair RM1000X | Corsair Dominator Platinum Black 32GB 3200MHz (4x8GB) | 950 Pro 512GB M.2 | x3 850PRO 512GB | 5/3TB WD Green/black | Enthoo Evolv ATX | Main Screen: Acer 27" IPS G-Sync 144hz XB270HU | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x3) | Copyright©1996-2017 Teletha Inc.™ All rights reserved. ® -"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."

Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast