Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Just to let you know, an external enclosure will not allow you to flash the drive's firmware if you're thinking of getting one for this reason.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair Riker View Post
    The cheapest way would be to buy an external enclosure for your hdds. Just a basic one that connects via USB.

No need to buy anything expensive. You may need to buy two different kinds (one for the SSD and one for the other 3 drives) though.

However,

1. Could you post here the make and model numbers of the hdds that are failing to be detected?

2. Could you also post of a photo (or few) of how you have them all connected?
    I picked up one of those USB/SATA converters and it's not working (unitek usb 3.0, it's powered too). Though I'm wondering if that's because it's the wrong version of SATA too. It may simply be that somehow all three hard drives died at the same time, though I find that unlikely.

1. 1 x Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2GC 2.5" 80GB SSD
    2 x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB HDDs

2. I can describe it. The Formula has 4 ASMedia SATAe ports and 6 Intel SATA ports. My primary OS Drive (Samsung 840 EVO-Series 500GB SSD) is plugged in to SATA port 1. The Samsung HDDs are plugged in to ports 3 & 4. The Intel drive is plugged in to port 5. My DVD ROM is plugged in to port 6. I'm using three separate power cables for these (and I have tried switching the power cables and different configurations including only one drive on each cable, it's not the power cables).

If it *is* the case that they're dead, is there any other way to retrieve the files from them that anyone knows?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Corsair Riker PC Specs
    Corsair Riker PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
    ProcessorIntel i5-4670k
    Memory (part number)16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
    MonitorSamsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
    Storage #2Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
    CaseFractal Design Define R4
    Power SupplySeasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
    Mouse Logitech MX 310
    Headset Sennheiser PC 151 Headset & Logitech Z150 Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Pioneer BDR-209DBK

Well I had a quick check on newegg and acccording to that:

1. Your Intel SSD is SATAII - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820167016

2. Your Samsung HDDs are SATAIII - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152181

Which model UNITEK did you buy btw?

http://www.unitek-products.com/en/product.php

Also - you've probably already tried this - but have you tested out what happens if you only have the one HDD plugged in to Intel SATA Port 1?

i.e. Disconnect all drives (including the DVD drive) and, one at a time, try each drive - on their own - connected to the Intel SATA 1 Port.

In doing this:

1. make sure you use the SATA cable and power connector that is currently working on your new SSD.

2. Make sure none of other drives or cables are connected in any way.

In doing this - you just need to check that:

1. You can boot to the BIOS; and

2. The BIOS detects the SSD/HDD.

If you have issues booting up (i.e. unable to boot to the BIOS) - try booting up with no peripherals other than the montior plugged in (i.e. no keyboard, mouse, etc).

Basically what you are trying to do here is elminate as many variables as possible to see if the drives work.
    Last edited by Corsair Riker; 04-04-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
    CPU: Intel i5-4670k
    HDD 1: Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
    HDD 2: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
    RAM: 16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
    PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
    GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
    CASE: Fractal Design Define R4
    OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer BDR-209DBK
    MONITOR: Samsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
    Other: MS Wired 600; Logitech MX 310; Sennheiser PC 151 & Logitech Z150

New ROGer Array

Formula VI AI Suite III Access Error 00000000

Hello guys 'n' gals, I don't know whether this is the right thread to post this but I thought I would ask seeing it is the Formula VI thread.

Anyway, I got my new Formula VI motherboard Yeasterday along with a i7 4770K, it run's great and I am loving it so far but, I would like to get the AI Suite III to work as it has a lot of applications in that, that I would use on a daily basis like Fan expert and what not, but every time I try to start the program this error comes up :Access violation error 00000000 : Read error 00000000, something like that anyway, I have uninstalled all Asus programs, went into safe mode and scanned if there were any more of them, there were got rid of them too, restarted, re-installed AI Suite III and I am still getting the same problem, I even looked in msconfig and there is no AI Suite III entry in the start up list. So why I am still getting this error is beyond me, I would love to get this program to work as I can keep track of everything. Anyway cheers in advance

ROG Enthusiast Array InFAMAS-ONE PC Specs
    InFAMAS-ONE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G750JX
    MotherboardR4BE
    Processori7 4930K
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon Platinum GTX 780
    Graphics Card #2Poseidon Platinum GTX 780

Quote Originally Posted by scuppy View Post
    Looks awesome =)

Here is mine finally finished (nothing too fancy with the hoses hahaha but a weekend of braiding damn cables has driven me insane.

Probably not in the forefront of most peoples minds, but what coolant and tubing are you using? It might just be a camera effect, but it looks really nice; a good solid, yet vibrant red. My camera doesn't do my rig justice, but a better camera would make it look different in a good way. Is that how you see your build with your own eyes, or does the camera alter it a bit?

ROG Enthusiast Array InFAMAS-ONE PC Specs
    InFAMAS-ONE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G750JX
    MotherboardR4BE
    Processori7 4930K
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon Platinum GTX 780
    Graphics Card #2Poseidon Platinum GTX 780

Quote Originally Posted by Thor\'Meo View Post
    Hello guys 'n' gals, I don't know whether this is the right thread to post this but I thought I would ask seeing it is the Formula VI thread.

Anyway, I got my new Formula VI motherboard Yeasterday along with a i7 4770K, it run's great and I am loving it so far but, I would like to get the AI Suite III to work as it has a lot of applications in that, that I would use on a daily basis like Fan expert and what not, but every time I try to start the program this error comes up :Access violation error 00000000 : Read error 00000000, something like that anyway, I have uninstalled all Asus programs, went into safe mode and scanned if there were any more of them, there were got rid of them too, restarted, re-installed AI Suite III and I am still getting the same problem, I even looked in msconfig and there is no AI Suite III entry in the start up list. So why I am still getting this error is beyond me, I would love to get this program to work as I can keep track of everything. Anyway cheers in advance
    I think it might be an issue to do with the ASUS Update thing in AI Suite. I seem to remember having a similar issue with AI Suite II on my Maximus V GENE. I was able to run and use the program fully, but I was getting a similar Access Violation "dummy spit" on startup. I initially solved this by configuring the schedule to never check for updates - not an ideal solution I know. It did eventually go away entirely though; I've reinstalled Windows a few times since I had that problem, I didn't have to configure the auto update schedule on any of these re-installations and the problem hasn't come back - it just works.

I think it might be an issue with it not being listed in the start-up services, although I might be wrong. From what i can tell, it seems like it's an access violation because the service is not started, and therefore, it cannot do it's auto update check, so it throws a fit. Again, I might be way off the ball there, but apart from configuring the schedule to never auto check, i can't offer a solution. Unless of course, you want to completely reinstall the OS to see if it fixes it like it seemed to with mine, but I can't guarantee it will. The schedule may not even be the problem, but it does seem like a very similar issue to what I had.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I thought it might be worth sharing that info.
    Last edited by InFAMAS-ONE; 04-08-2014 at 02:53 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Olá para Todos !!

Meu primeiro post aqui....virão outros...aos poucos vou me inserindo neste belíssimo Fórum.

Segue meu Projeto atualmente:

http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/g...do-meu-pc.html

Hugs
    HAF-X / i7-4770K@4.7Ghz / Cooling CrossChill-CPU Swiftech H2O-320 Edge HD BK / ASUS Maximus VI Formula / Mem 4x4GB@2200MHz Dominator GT / SLI MSI N580GTX Lightning / Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Prof / Sony BDV-E2100 / HD1 WD Caviar Black 1TB 1002FAEX / HD2 WD Caviar Black 2TB 2002FAEX / SSD Corsair Force GT (2x120GB RAID0) / ASUS VG278HE / Corsair TX950W / SO Win7 Pro / Razer Tiamat 7.1 / Logitech G19 / Logitech G700 / Kit NVIDIA®3D Vision™ 2 / Blu-Ray LG WH12LS39

ROG Member Array

thunderbolt, sirs. there's a tb header on the board. will the Z87 tb card work on the formula? if not, why? and/or why isn't there a card for this board? i be wanting one. argh.

Quote Originally Posted by vajoiner View Post
    thunderbolt, sirs. there's a tb header on the board. will the Z87 tb card work on the formula? if not, why? and/or why isn't there a card for this board? i be wanting one. argh.
    Hello

The ThunderboltEX II add-in card is compatible with the following motherboards.

MAXIMUS VI EXTREME
    SABERTOOTH Z87
    Z87-PRO
    Z87-PRO(V EDITION)
    Z87-PLUS
    Z87-PLUS(VivoMouse EDITION)
    Z87-A
    Z87-A(NFC EXPRESS EDITION)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello everybody....

I'm from Brazil...

I should start 3 plug connector or 2 only ?????

Many Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power M6F 5.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	35886

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power M6F 4.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	35887
    HAF-X / i7-4770K@4.7Ghz / Cooling CrossChill-CPU Swiftech H2O-320 Edge HD BK / ASUS Maximus VI Formula / Mem 4x4GB@2200MHz Dominator GT / SLI MSI N580GTX Lightning / Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Prof / Sony BDV-E2100 / HD1 WD Caviar Black 1TB 1002FAEX / HD2 WD Caviar Black 2TB 2002FAEX / SSD Corsair Force GT (2x120GB RAID0) / ASUS VG278HE / Corsair TX950W / SO Win7 Pro / Razer Tiamat 7.1 / Logitech G19 / Logitech G700 / Kit NVIDIA®3D Vision™ 2 / Blu-Ray LG WH12LS39

Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast