cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero bright dot warranty for G750 display?

pippomostarda
Level 7
I have a bright pixel. May Asus apply zbd warranty?
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
http://www.service.asus.com/ states:

Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) Guarantee

A bright dot refers to a pixel with a defect in its ability to display the correct color output. Notebooks with one or more bright dot within 30 days of original purchase date will qualify for a free panel exchange. The ZBD policy does not cover LCD panels with dead pixels e.g. dark/black dot type. Only the LCD panel will be replaced, not the entire notebook. Please refer to your authorized ASUS Service Center or Reseller for your product specific terms.

If your notebook is new and within 30 days of purchase, it sounds like you qualify.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
dstrakele wrote:
http://www.service.asus.com/ states:

Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) Guarantee

A bright dot refers to a pixel with a defect in its ability to display the correct color output. Notebooks with one or more bright dot within 30 days of original purchase date will qualify for a free panel exchange. The ZBD policy does not cover LCD panels with dead pixels e.g. dark/black dot type. Only the LCD panel will be replaced, not the entire notebook. Please refer to your authorized ASUS Service Center or Reseller for your product specific terms.

If your notebook is new and within 30 days of purchase, it sounds like you qualify.

I may be worrying too much, but I show pippomostarda may not be located in the U.S. and policies can vary from region to region (not sure how different other regions are with ZBD or if they will all link to that North American service.asus.com page), so to be safe they may also want to confirm ZBD guarantee with their local ASUS service center/support when they request the RMA, or from the store they purchased from.

If necessary, check this contact page for ASUS support, or go to www.asus.com and choose your local region to find support contacts.

Hope this helps!