cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G750JW owner! - My story/gripes/cons.

Whiteouttx
Level 7
Hello! I've recently just gotten into the gaming PC/Notebook world and decided on going with an ASUS through recommendations through friends. I even assisted my sister in buying an ASUS about 3 weeks ago.

The computer has opened up a whole new gateway to gaming for me. I originally had only played WoW on my old HP dv6 (It had a horrible heating problem that eventually had melted the casing causing it to flex a slight bit) but now I've already started playing different F2P games from steam such as Blacklight: Retribution and Planetside 2.

So far I've had the computer for 4 days, and i'm almost unable to put it down.

I generally have no gripes or complaints with the notebook except for two or three. The first being that I had the problem of the horizontal lines across dark colors that I've noticed others are also having problems with, but I uninstalled the Splendid tech, and instantly noticed a fix. The second problem I have is that while I touch the computer, It becomes very noticeable the grease/markings my fingers leave behind. I have yet to find a way to clean them effectively and I'm cautious of using any kind of cleaning solvent. If anyone has a quick fix tell me please! The third one is a very minor problem I have and it's only my general habit that is causing it. My habit is that when I put my left hand on the WASD keys, the skin about 2 inches down from my wrist rubs against the very edge of the casing. <- it's a stupid rant but it's something lol. 😛

Other than those two, the computer is flawless to me. It runs WoW on high settings at 90 FPS consistently. Only dropping to about 65 during graphic intensive encounters. The cooling setup is unbelievable, after playing different games nonstop for about 6 hours, it was barely breaking a sweat, which is a giant leap forward from my old notebook. The brushed aluminum is very smooth. So far I can already see myself getting addicted to the fandom of ASUS and ROG.

I plan on adding additional ram/ssd eventually, but for right now I'm very content. I'm open to any suggestions on what I should add for ram/ssd. I'll also probably be updating on this thread/forum on any problems that may appear later on in my ownership.

~thankyou!
~Whiteouttx
5 REPLIES 5

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Cleaning the oils from skin contact: Baby wipes, the little packed wipes you get from some restaurants, cd/dvd lens cleaner solution....basically anything you can find around the house to clean, obviously not anything with chemicals/acids. OH!!! and welcome to the ROG Forums! 🙂

Whiteouttx
Level 7
Alright, it's funny that you say any little packed wipes. I tend to steal every buffalo wild wings hand cleaner wipes I can whenever I go there. I go there a lot. Asian Zing sauce is where it's at..

Whiteouttx wrote:
Alright, it's funny that you say any little packed wipes. I tend to steal every buffalo wild wings hand cleaner wipes I can whenever I go there. I go there a lot. Asian Zing sauce is where it's at..

Hahaha you just made my night!!!

I got a samsung 840 pro, the laptop boots to the login screen in about 6 seconds. Chrome launches in 1 second, Word in 5. 😉
ASUS G750JX -- i7-4700 - 16GB - 128GB 840 PRO SSD + 1TB HDD - Nvidia GTX 770M - 120Hz 3D glossy display

TX2000
Level 8
woops wrong thread 🙂