cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDXlan 16 Overclocking Workshop/Tournament!

Retired
Not applicable
OVERCLOCKING WORKSHOP:
THINK YOU'RE A NOOB OR PRO AT OVERCLOCKING? DOESN’T MATTER BECAUSE ANYONE CAN OVERCLOCK WITH ROG CONNECT! OUR TEAM ROG WILL COACH YOU THROUGH EXTREME OVERCLOCKING REACHING OVER 5GHZ!!! IN A CHANCE TO WIN A RAMPAGE III EXTREME!

WHEN: SATURDAY ROUND 1 12:00PM – 5:00PM, ROUND 2 5:00PM – 8:00PM

ROUND 1 WILL BENCH ON SuperPi 512k. EACH OVERCLOCKER WILL GET 15 MINUETS

TO GET THE FASTEST TIME. THE TOP 12 BENCHERS WILL ADVANCE TO ROUND 2

YOUR TIMES WILL BE POSTED ON THE FORUMS

ROUND 2 WILL BENCH ON SuperPi 1M. EACH OVERCLOCKER WILL GET 15 MINUETS TO GET
THE FASTEST TIME. THE FASTEST TIME WINS!

ONLY 20 PEOPLE GET TO SIGN UP SO SIGN UP FAST! IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP WHEN
CALLED, WE WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PERSON OR BUMP IN SOMEONE FROM THE WAITING LIST.
13 REPLIES 13

Kaboom
Level 8
Totally letting you teach me all your overclocking tricks at PDX 😄 I would totally compete haha.

AnthonyLackey
Level 9
Hey Everyone this is Elmy from PDXLAN 16 and I just won a Rampage 3 Extreme. Holy S*#t Asus Rocks. I can't wait to install this in my system and see what it can do.

Asus is the best.

Thanks for sponsoring PDXLAN 16

Here is a pic of my score. [IMG][/IMG]

Congratulations Anthony!

Thank you for competing in my Workshop/Contest you earned it!

Way to be conservative and take it 1MHz at a time

I had a great time. The workshop you guys did was pretty damn cool. And the LN2 demonstration you were doing was pretty cool too. Can't wait till the next one. I would love to come LN2 with you some time.

After buying PAX tickets and looking at the calendar I realized it was Labor Day weekend and I'm going camping. So I'm out 165 bucks. I'm looking into selling them on craigslist or something. 😕

Anyways thanks again. I'm going to be building a new overclocking system with the Nexgen designed torture rack and this board. I'm saving up for a 980X and see how far I can push it.

And once again Asus Rocks !!!!

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Nice! good job!!
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Kaboom
Level 8
Very nice! 5000Mhz is FAST! I just learned overclocking at PDX and I've been messing around with it since then. I'm trying to take things nice and slow though so I don't blow anything up 😛 So far I went from 2.9ghz to 3.6, and my ram is at 1800mhz. I'm trying to get my cpu stable at 4-4.6ghz

Who knew overclocking could be so fun? Lol

Retired
Not applicable
Pictures from the OC Workshop/tournament

Maximus III Extreme, Intel 655K, Corsair Dominator GT, 3 GTX480, Nexgen cooling

OCZ Vertex Series SSD and Antec 1200 watt TPQ PSU

Overclocking on day 2 with a tablet and ROG Connect. AnthonyLackey - winner of a new Rampage III Extreme

V2-V3
Level 8

Retired
Not applicable
Nice pics Travis! Keep up the great work supporting the overclockers community!