cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The fans

The_Thing
Level 8
Hi there!

I just installed a WIN 8 on a new Kingston SSD 120gb and well, the laptop it's way faster but now that I reinstalled win 8 I have ( I think so ) have a problem with my fans... . While playing CODBO2 I hear the fans go loud ( well, not that loud but still you can hear them ) but though they are louder, the gpu and cpu have lower temps. Strange huh?
10 REPLIES 10

zalbard
Level 8
They spin faster, make more noise, and cool everything better.

The_Thing
Level 8
Or maybe it's just me.... but anyways I prefer higher temps rather than low temps and loud noise

The_Thing
Level 8
nah, its just me, now is ok

The_Thing
Level 8
No it's not me. And now when I resume from sleep mode I can hear the fan ( idk which one ) hitting something or I dunno , something like that. Does this have something with the fact that I installed that SSD or?

EDIT: I think that noise comes from the SSD, it's like a constant zzzztzttzzzztztztzt. It's not loud and you can't hear it if you have headphones on but it's still hearable. So what's the problem? I rly need help now :-s

TX2000
Level 8
i have had a lot of SSD drivers and non of them had made any type of sound so you better check that (if its the SSD)

The_Thing
Level 8
Well now I have Diablo 3 in the background and under heavy load, that sound isn't there. And when I'm in idle, the fans are ok for like 15 mins and after that they seem to throttle up. Dunno why, I was eating a watermelon and watched an IEM SC 2 stream and I heard the fans go loud. I'll have to check what fan goes so loud because sometimes it throttles down and I can hear in the background the other fan maintaining it's rpm at a silent state while the other one seems to throttle a lil bit. Now I hit max 71c on the gpu in BF3 on max and 56 for only a few secs on the cpu. It's that ok or is there a problem? What are your temps?:D

EDIT: btw do you know any fan controlling programs?:D

The_Thing
Level 8
phfff...now it's ok again. Now for good lol. Anyways, the cooling program thingy still remains 😄 Gonna switch to win 7 right now to see how it behaves

The_Thing
Level 8
OH JEEZ! now I really need help! I hear a clicking noise and I think it's from the fan. It has a specific rhythm such as : clickkk clickkk clikkk clickkk and after that it stops for like 2-3 secs and begins making this noise again. It comes from the fan I am sure of this. What the hell guys, only had this laptop for like one week and I have to deal with a ton of problems...cmon Asus:(

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thing .. lol .. relax. c.