Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array nadof1's Avatar

Anyone happen to notice how hot there power card is getting, mine is very warm to the touch under even the lightest of load.

Do you think that little heat sink is good enough for OC?

ittle OG

Maximus VI Impact - I7 4770k - GTX 780 DC2OC
    Trident X 2400 2x8Gb - Samsung 840 500Gb - CM120 Elite
    Corsair Ax860i - H90 2x CF-V14HP

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadof1 View Post
    Anyone happen to notice how hot there power card is getting, mine is very warm to the touch under even the lightest of load.

Do you think that little heat sink is good enough for OC?
    The VRM on Impact is overkill for Haswell, it shouldn't brake a sweat even at very high OC. The heat sink is there just to prolong the MOSFET life and look cool, the documentation for IR3553 (MOSFETs used on Impact) specifies that they do not need heat sink or airflow to operate normally within their specification and recommended operating temps are between 0 and 125 degrees C. So as long as Impact doesn't burn your hand I don't think there is anything to worry about.
    Last edited by Classic_GOD; 08-16-2013 at 11:39 AM.

ROG Member Array

For all you guys in the US waiting. I just noticed that SuperBiiz has the impact in stock! I think they just listed it, because I searched their site earlier and it wasn't there. It's 214 plus about 13 bucks for shipping. My order is already released for shipping.

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-MA6IMPT

I've never shopped with them, but they have a 9.4/10 on resellerratings and are listed as authorized asus resellers, so should be good to go.

Enjoy.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array nadof1's Avatar

@ classic_GOD

That's a relief, I don't have much space for airflow....

ittle OG

Maximus VI Impact - I7 4770k - GTX 780 DC2OC
    Trident X 2400 2x8Gb - Samsung 840 500Gb - CM120 Elite
    Corsair Ax860i - H90 2x CF-V14HP

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadof1 View Post
    @ classic_GOD

That's a relief, I don't have much space for airflow....
    Yea, but you should get some airflow from front intake in your Elite 120.

PS. I also ordered TridentX for my build

Quote Originally Posted by Prizeless View Post
    For all you guys in the US waiting. I just noticed that SuperBiiz has the impact in stock! I think they just listed it, because I searched their site earlier and it wasn't there. It's 214 plus about 13 bucks for shipping. My order is already released for shipping.

I've never shopped with them, but they have a 9.4/10 on resellerratings and are listed as authorized asus resellers, so should be good to go.

Enjoy.

YEEEEEAAAAAAH!!! I just ordered the Impact.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Prizeless View Post

Enjoy.
    Thank you! I just got off the phone with them to check them out because I have never purchased from them either. The board is being shipped from San Jose California. After shipping and tax ended up being about 245. Seemed very genuine and very helpful. Purchased processed and being shipped. Should recieve it either monday or tuesday! Thank you for the post I have been begging and pleading for info and I finally got it! Thanks again! cant wait to get it!

New ROGer Array

finally, reports of a first retailer in US that starts selling this board from its available stocks, let's hope the retailer delivers its promise.

I called them as well to verify stock and they said they had it. So I should have it hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday. Since I don't live in Cali they didn't charge me tax. But I did go with the 3 day shipping.

ROG Member Array

Nice, I just noticed that SuperBiiz is selling them on eBay as well under the imicros name. They want 244 shipped on eBay though, but I guess if they are posting them on eBay they should definitely have stock, as otherwise they would be risking a lot of negative feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-MAXIMUS...item4ac837cf05

SuperBiiz's site says they update tracking numbers at 6:30 pm PST, so lets hope we all have tracking numbers in about an hour and a half.

Now if only the cooler master elite 130 would come in stock I would have everything to do my build. ;(

EDIT: My Impact is shipped, got my tracking number. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Last edited by Prizeless; 08-17-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast