Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

I'm surprised none of you are complaining that it costs more than the Gene, though only 20 dollars so it's not too bad for you guys in the US of A, however here in Aus the same damn board costs $359....$120 markup, what a friggen joke.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    I'm surprised none of you are complaining that it costs more than the Gene, though only 20 dollars so it's not too bad for you guys in the US of A, however here in Aus the same damn board costs $359....$120 markup, what a friggen joke.
    I was expecting a slight mark up in price. Considering this board is a one of a kind. NO other company is doing what asus did with this board, none of them have nearly the same capabilities this one is going to have and achieve. The impact board is a revolution in mini itx systems and will set a new standard for every other company to attempt to re-create. (which probably wont happen) A slight markup in price of 20 bucks IS NOTHING seeing we are going to be given the cream of the crop mini itx board BEST ONE OUT EVER! Think of the best ATX board? 400 bucks? lol I will take the impact.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

Just got info that my local distributor has them in stock. Should have one tomorrow. $220 before tax. I'm excited.

@Myk SilentShadow - you get 802.11ac/BT4.0 card and antena with Impact that you don't get with Gene. That is 35-40$ added value.
    Last edited by Classic_GOD; 08-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Keep in mind that the Gene doesn't come with the wireless. I would assume that would be the markup along with the amount of R & D that went into this board. The community asked and Asus delivered. I am just glad that I don't have to settle with the gold bling theme.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Honestly i'm glad ASUS listened to it's customers and released the Impact, but, i'm pissed off because of the $120 price gap between the US and Australia, ffs, the Impact is more expensive than the Hero!!

VI Impact: 359
    VI Gene: 295
    VI Hero: 309

I know the market here in Aus is smaller than the US, but come on...just cos we're in Aus? that crap isn't going to fly, since we're closer to China than the US is :/

ROG Member Array

Honestly i'm glad ASUS listened to it's customers and released the Impact, but, i'm pissed off because of the $120 price gap between the US and Australia, ffs, the Impact is more expensive than the Hero!!

I know the market here in Aus is smaller than the US, but come on...just cos we're in Aus? that crap isn't going to fly, since we're closer to China than the US is :/
    yeah unfortunate is it not, i paid 430 for the Formula in Aus and now they have gone up as high as 470 crazy.
    Asus Maximus Formula VI | 4770K @4.5Ghz | Corsair Vengeance (2x8) 2133mhz | Corsair H100i | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200 | x2 eVGA GTX 580 SLI | Samsung 840 256 SSD | Dell U2711 | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Elite KB | Razer Mamba V1/Logitech G9 | Plantronics Gamecom Headset

I have to agree there mate! That can be rather disappointing seeing those prices.

I have to agree there mate! That can be rather disappointing seeing those prices.

ROG Member Array

GRR! I have been lookin gand looking and looking! How do you set your signature to tell everyone what your comp has? lol I cant figure it out!

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Settings and Functions up top, click the drop down. Click Settings, then on the left of the page look for Sig and type away

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast