Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    You might be pleasantly surprised if you have a good CPU. I have 32GB of the same memory and at 2400MHz is fully stable at 4.7GHz processor speed. Although I'm currently at 4.6GHz as much less VCORE is required (1.228V).
    My 4770k won't do 4.7Ghz, not at the VCore i'm comfortable with. (I'm only using H80i in push-pull so I don't want to go too close to 1.3)Right now I got it to 4.5 (and 4.5 uncore) at 1.25V stable with 1600Mhz RAM but it crashes in Prime95 with 2400Mhz memory. I'll have to check second XMP profile maybe it will be more stable.

[EDIT] Just checked the time, its 2:00 where I live, LOL, time to go to sleep.
    Last edited by Classic_GOD; 08-21-2013 at 11:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi!

I'm new here and I recently purchased the Impact.
    So far I'm pretty happy with this board except one thing.

The onboard-sound has been a major disapointment to me which was one of the reasons I bought this board. I use it to drive my Sennheiser HD595 (50Ohm) and no matter how I set it up, it sounds bad. Using the Asus-Drivers I literaly get no bass at all and there's no Bass-Boost setting with the Realtek ROG-drivers. Of course I can play with the EQ but adding more Bass does however cut the mid's and heights and I end up with way too low volume. Using the legacy Windows 8 driver does actually give me the bass-boost option but lacks of all the other settings, especially configuring the rears-panel ports.

I previously owned a X-Fi Titanium HD before moving to mITX, although it has not a dedicated Headphone-AMP but very strong analog circuit. It did drive the Sennheiser a lot better and could boost bass as much as I wanted. I only used this setting for games though. For music I prefer a flat-out EQ.

Are there any suggestions how to fix this? Maybe using another driver or shall I consider buying a Headphone DAC/AMP feed directly via SPDIF?

Your help is really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic_GOD View Post
    My 4770k won't do 4.7Ghz, not at the VCore i'm comfortable with. (I'm only using H80i in push-pull so I don't want to go too close to 1.3)Right now I got it to 4.5 (and 4.5 uncore) at 1.25V stable with 1600Mhz RAM but it crashes in Prime95 with 2400Mhz memory. I'll have to check second XMP profile maybe it will be more stable.

[EDIT] Just checked the time, its 2:00 where I live, LOL, time to go to sleep.
    If you are using G. Skill CAS 10 8GB sticks the second XMP profile has slightly tighter secondary timings. If IO-D is still at stock voltage try increasing it 0.100V and check Prime again.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Honestly i'm glad ASUS listened to it's customers and released the Impact, but, i'm pissed off because of the $120 price gap between the US and Australia, ffs, the Impact is more expensive than the Hero!!

VI Impact: 359
    VI Gene: 295
    VI Hero: 309

I know the market here in Aus is smaller than the US, but come on...just cos we're in Aus? that crap isn't going to fly, since we're closer to China than the US is :/
    In the Philippines, the cheapest I could find is close to 300 USD as well... and we are just so close to China or Taiwan wherever that is shipped from...

13,150.00 PHP = 297.262 USD
    Philippine Peso ↔ US Dollar
    1 PHP = 0.0226055 USD 1 USD = 44.2371 PHP

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFruit View Post
    What are you guys going to build with this board? Share your schemes!
    Here's my plan... and I intend to recycle whatever I can from my current Ivy Bridge rig... oh yes, that is how I soooo want this board that I will still jump to Haswell even if I already have an Ivy...

- Fractal Node 304 - new
    - Corsair H60 (2013 + push/pull 2x SP120 HPE fans) - existing
    - GTX 660 TOP (this is my problem due to my PSU below) - existing
    - Seasonic X-560 (I did some estimation and this will most likely conflict with my GPU above) - existing

Now I've read in some other forums that Haswell runs a little bit hotter than Ivy... is this 100% true? If it is, I am thinking if getting Corsair H90 instead but the big question is, will it fit in the Node 304 with no issues to the Board or to the GPU?

And an even bigger question is, will the on-board Supreme FX worthy of "saying goodbye" to a discrete sound card you think? This is the only thing holding me back from going ITX since I have a sound card and to date, no on-board audio solutions can satisfy my ears... maybe Impact will change this I guess?
    Last edited by bim27142; 08-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    If you are using G. Skill CAS 10 8GB sticks the second XMP profile has slightly tighter secondary timings. If IO-D is still at stock voltage try increasing it 0.100V and check Prime again.
    Turns out initially stable 4.5Ghz uncore was not so stable. I lowered it to 42 and it looks like I'm now stable (I'm 1,5h into AIDA stability test - it was also locking up previously) with second XMP profile. 4.5 was my target, I achieved it so I'mm quite happy and my temps don't go over 70.

Right now I'm letting it test while I install sound dampening materials into my Node 304

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by zoon8 View Post
    Hi!

I'm new here and I recently purchased the Impact.
    So far I'm pretty happy with this board except one thing.

The onboard-sound has been a major disapointment to me which was one of the reasons I bought this board.
    Oh crap?! This will also be my second reason why I am considering Impact since I also have a sound card (Xonar Xense) and current on-board audio solutions won't really satisfy me... I was hoping Impact could be a whole lot better than typical Realtek on-board audio solutions.

Can someone further attest to this? I mean, the sound quality of Supreme FX sound card of Impact?

Thanks!

Finally about to break it out today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aeev.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	25334

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umfr.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	25335

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bim27142 View Post
    Oh crap?! This will also be my second reason why I am considering Impact since I also have a sound card (Xonar Xense) and current on-board audio solutions won't really satisfy me... I was hoping Impact could be a whole lot better than typical Realtek on-board audio solutions.

Can someone further attest to this? I mean, the sound quality of Supreme FX sound card of Impact?

Thanks!
    Well it does sound better than my old onboard audio. Note that it still uses Realtek drivers. I got it in my room with a logitech amp and connected my mini statements. It does sound very clear but I think the amp can't keep up with the speakers.

I'll test it out on my home theatre speakers over the next few days. B&W greatness .. this will be the true test.....

ROG Member Array

I'm mounting my Impact in a Fractal Design Node 304 and it seems like the I/O shield is too thick to get the mobo pushed back far enough for the case mounting screw holes to line up. The I/O shield has some fairly thick squishy foam padding stuck on it, and this seems to be the issue. Is this normal? Should I go ahead and push the mobo against the I/O shield padding and screw the board into place?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast