Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Error code 00 wont boot

Quote Originally Posted by Classic_GOD View Post
    Have you tried different PSU?
    Yes different PSU

New ROGer Array

The only thing I noticed on inspection was around the CPU socket just above the two screws was some clear plastic sheet that is slightly delaminated similar stuff that's on the daughter board protective cover to stop scratching

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Classic_GOD's Avatar

There shouldn't be anything like that there, can you take a picture?

New ROGer Array

Please help me with my wifi problems...

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-Wifi-problems

ROG Enthusiast Array Steve N. Mavronis PC Specs
    Steve N. Mavronis PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z170i Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill 3200 DDR4 TridentZ (F4-3200C16D-16GTZB)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Classified Gaming
    Storage #1250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD
    Storage #21TB WD Blue HDD
    CPU CoolerThermalright Silver Arrow ITX
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 650 G2
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Corsair Raptor M45
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Writer USB 3.0
    Accessory #2 BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Red Magnetic LED-Strip (30cm)

Can anyone tell me the heights off the motherboard of both the VRM and SFX riser cards? This is in relation to determining CPU air cooler position and clearance issues. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Apparently the Broadcom 802.11ac adapter that comes with this motherboard doesn't play very nicely with some routers. While I've never had any problem whatsoever connecting all of my devices to my home 802.11n router, the Impact simply won't connect. The few times that I've managed to secure a connection, speeds are dismal.

I've tried most of the tips suggested on various internet forums regarding this Broadcom chipset to no avail.

This is incredibly disappointing. I tried a new BCM driver that was released today and it made things even worse (now I can't even make it past the initial connection steps).

Are there any plans for fixing this in the near future? Anyone else run into problems with this wifi chipset?

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, I am back with more questions

Is there any scoop on a new, improved version on the Impact featuring the Z97?

Is anyone using the M.2 slot? Can it reach nice speeds? Does anyone know if it's capped at some point of if ~2 GB/s could be possible assuming a M.2 SSD featuring these speeds is going to be released soon.

Alternatively, would it be possible to somehow get an acceptable audio solution without sacrificing the PCIe x16 slot needed for the GPU? Like could we get the nice engineers at ASUS to make one which could be powered by an onboard USB2.0 connector or maybe ditch the Bluetooth/WiFi combo in favour of another PCIe x2 slot or something? I mean, who needs Bluetooth? And no serious gamer would use WiFi anyway, so it might as well be optional.

Also, does anyone use the Bitspower or EK fullcover waterblocks designed for this board? How is the cooling? Any temps available with and without OC?

GL & HF

New ROGer Array

What a lovely board! I just installed mine today with a 4771 CPU and didn't have a single issue.
    I used a Noctua NH-L12 heatsink with a single fan (the second went on the case) on Silverstone SG-06 case which is rather small.

Some pics of the setup are the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 7-2-14 - 23 14 11.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	33381 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 10-2-14 - 23 23 21.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	33382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 10-2-14 - 23 23 40.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	33383 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 10-2-14 - 23 49 32.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	33384 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 11-2-14 - 0 44 42.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	268.3 KB 
ID:	33385

One thing that I didn't expect and I haven't saw anywhere in manuals or speccs is that the eSATA port is compatible with my Drobo S storage which required port multiplier and never worked in my previous mobos (alas had to use it via USB 2.0). Now it worked like a charm and I was so happy about it

Thanks Asus and ROG! This board is a the Ambassador of the Qwan when it comes to mini-itx boards

New ROGer Array

Hello im new here but have a question. I just purchased this board and noticed that their is no virtual surround sound for a stereo headset like the astro a40 which im using and have it plugged into the front audio jacks. Is this not a feature for this card or is it just the current release driver doesn't have support for it yet. I purchased this board has a small all in one gaming rig has it is a gaming board and I thought the supreme fx cards I've used in the past supported this feature. Any input on this would be very much appreciated.

ROG Enthusiast Array ArjenP PC Specs
    ArjenP PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP Power Pavilion 15-cb030nd
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 OC
    MonitorDell U2515H + AOC C24G1
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro RGB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S RGB cherry red
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
    Headset HyperX Cloud Flight
    Mouse Pad Cooler master MP510 XL
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine 2+
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 EN
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000
    Accessory #1 Schiit Modi 2
    Accessory #2 Schiit Magni 3
    Accessory #3 Sennheiser HD6XX

Hello,

I have a question about the impacts fan control. I prefer using the bios for fan control over software solutions like fan xpert. But when i select manual fancontrol in the bios i can not get the speed below 60%. Whenever i type in a lower number then 60 it tells me "invalid input". Is this supposed to happen? Im using a Corsair h100i for cooling my cpu and at 60% the fans are still running at ~1700 rpm. Which imo is way too loud for idle use. I want them to run at ~30%.

If Asus wont allow me to got below 60% speed im forced to buy some corsair sp120 quiet edition fans.

When im using Asus Fan Xpert i can get them to run from 0-100% no problem. But as stated above i prefere to use the bios for fan control.

Does anyone have some info on this? Or am I just doing something wrong here?

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast