Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Please, keep this thread for RealBench tweaking... CINCITy you have your own thread, you will get your answer there...

ROG Enthusiast Array megastarkey's Avatar

I was looking at your phase change. I want one.... But ... That's some crazy money.

I think I will have to build a totally new test bench. You have inspired me... To break the bank... Sigh.... Such a bad influence.
    MEGAStarkey

Intel i7 4770kOC @ 4.6 / 1.25v - Maximus VI Extreme - 16gb Team Xtreem @2400
    Gigabyte R9 290x Windforce OC
    Intel i7 4670kOC @ 4.2 - ASUS Z97i Plus - 8gb Crucial Ballistix@1600
    ASUS 660GTX
    AMD FX8350OC @ 4.8 Ghz Stable - Crosshair V Formula-Z -8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600
    ASUS 660GTX

LOL, Starkey, benching is really addictive... an can get costly too...

Phase Change can give you a real difference, but you need to take extra steps to use it... - it's running way below 0C, so condensation is getting a serious issue... you need to insulate your mobo...

But actually I would more curious here about how that FX8350 performs in RealBench... how much can you push the memories?

I didn't want to feel responsible for sending anyone off on a wild goose chase, so I spent a little time paying closer attention to ramdisk results by comparing fresh extractions of realbench on purely default BIOS and Windows 8.1 System settings and the ramdisk version actually performed worse on Multitasking by a significant margin. Enough to bring the overall score down by nearly 20 points. I'm not sure why I had slightly positive results the first time unless it was because I was using a junction then whereas this time I extracted directly to the ramdisk. I don't know, but I thought I would share.

Also, Windows 8 with Haswell didn't respond well to Z's other tweaks either (collectively. I didn't implement and test each one individually).

I haven't gained much in the way of scores, but it's still fun to try and sort all this stuff out. We need a comprehensive sortable spreadsheet.

IM2L844, that's a very valuable info! (I would rep you again, but just did in an other thread)

The thing is that the Win 7 was proved to work better for RealBench - if I recall correctly... and I haven't tried Win 8 yet...

If you noted down your results, you can easily create an Excel spreadsheet and post it here - I'm sure that it will be useful!

"If you noted down your results, you can easily create an Excel spreadsheet and post it here"

I haven't, but I think I might start doing that. It really would be the easiest way to keep track of things.

BTW, have I said how much I hate Windows 8? I'm a couple of months in and I've finally stopped yelling profanities at my monitor and have resorted to just mumbling under my breath. There are some things I love about it though. The 10 second boot time for instance.

Yeah, everybody says about that short boot time... and then they're not even turning off the system, just put it in sleep... - so, what's the big deal with fast booting then?!

I'm old school... I'm turning off my system every night and completely powering it off... then, in the morning I have my ritual... - wake up, put the coffee in the coffee maker, bathroom, then turn on my system, then have my morning coffee while I'm reading the news... by the time i finish the coffee and the news, usually my system is up and running... Sincerely, I do not need faster booting time than that... but once it has booted, I do expect to work flawlessly!

ROG Enthusiast Array megastarkey's Avatar

My FX8350 Hit 613 in RealBench. I am at the top of the AMD list. However I took the memory and h100i off of it and combined those on my 4770k system.

I gave it to my son. I had memories up to 2088mhz at stock speed. We are going to add another h100i and he will get my memory when i get some of that Team memory or better in a few weeks. I think I can get close to 650 maybe more with some new tweaks, maybe.
    Last edited by megastarkey; 07-29-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    MEGAStarkey

Intel i7 4770kOC @ 4.6 / 1.25v - Maximus VI Extreme - 16gb Team Xtreem @2400
    Gigabyte R9 290x Windforce OC
    Intel i7 4670kOC @ 4.2 - ASUS Z97i Plus - 8gb Crucial Ballistix@1600
    ASUS 660GTX
    AMD FX8350OC @ 4.8 Ghz Stable - Crosshair V Formula-Z -8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600
    ASUS 660GTX

"so, what's the big deal with fast booting then?!"

For day to day use it isn't such a big deal, but It sure comes in handy when you are fiddling around in the BIOS and testing and crashing and rinsing and repeating.

Yeah... I do have a lot of crashes while benching... - but still enough boot time...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast