cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g55v (blank screen)

Vincy
Level 7
Hi there guys :), I know im a newbie to this forum and I hope that the ASUS team here would try to assist my problem if possible.
A few months ago I purchased an ASUS G55V i7-3630QM, GTX660, 4GB RAM gaming laptop and I experience a Blank screen each time i try to restart my computer, it shows the ROG logo and after it disappears there is a blank screen and I have no control or response from my computer until I pressed the power switch manually. This happens 4-5 times before my computer starts normally again. The next day it works fine, until I press restart on my computer from the settings menu in windows 8. Each time I restart it it goes to a blank screen. Is there a problem with my computer? i've searched related problems like this and it shows the problem relating to the Magnet or power button. Is this true? if so, how do I fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can try reinstall powe4gear utility, if not help, try restore OS.

andiherbst
Level 7
I assume that is the same problem as I experienced: It is related to the official nvidia Drivers being incompatible with your machine - at least for now until asus provides a new uefi or vbios... I hope that thy notice this problem, which is quite severe to me.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35082-G75VX-Blank-Screen-on-Bootup-w-nVIdia-drivers&country...