Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G46 Graphics Problem

I just purchased the G46VW at BestBuy two days ago and really like it. However, I am having problems with my graphics. When I first turned on the computer, I installed the Windows updates, and updated the NVidia driver to the latest one. I then tried to run the Windows experience rating and got a bsod. (Windows 8 doesn't give you much info there!) When the computer rebooted I tried playing Minecraft and after a minute of gameplay, the Minecraft window turned unresponsive and white and I got the message that my display driver had stopped working and recovered. I have to open the task manager and force quit java quickly or I will also get a bsod. It appears that when the graphics driver recovers, it just stops working again. I tried reverting the driver back to a earlier version, but that did nothing to help. I went to the NVidia Control Panel and the rotating logo there renders properly and doesn't crash the driver, and if I set the preferred graphics driver to the high performance graphics, I don't get any errors when not using Minecraft. Does anyone have any ideas to what is happening? I bought the laptop because of it's dedicated graphics card, it is disappointing that it isn't working.

BTW, I am not really a gamer and the only game I have is Minecraft.

Try updating to the latest Nvidia Graphic drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html

ROG Member Array

Thanks for responding. I tried updating to the latest driver, but the problem still exists. I read online that creating a DWORD registry key named TdrDelay in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers set to 8 fixes the problem, as it increases the delay that the graphics card can be unresponsive. I have not tried it yet, but wanted to see if it was advised. Thanks for your help!

You are welcome. Let us know if it works as your solution may be beneficial to others and welcome to the forums!

ROG Member Array

After playing a lot, I found out that this doesn't exactly fix the problem. Instead of getting the "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" message after playing for about 1 minute, I can now play for about an hour before Minecraft lags hard and the display driver stops responding. I can play, but it isn't a perfect solution. Does anyone have any ideas that would get rid of the problem completely? Thanks.

Did you try a crash dump analysis, e.g. Whocrashed?

ROG Member Array

No, because the computer doesn't crash. A popup in the bottom right hand corner gives me the message that "Your display driver stopped working and has recovered." I tried running Whocrashed, and it told me nothing could be found. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

im having some graphics issues too,,, that was happening to me i updated the drivers, but i got something else.
    Im playing crysis 3 at 50fps minimum settings and fraps open in the background, and my fps are droping from 50 to 12 and back to 50 every 10seconds, like a loop the game goes fast and the slow the fast and the slow,,, its tiresome and anoying, any ideas?

The computer doesn't crash yet, but you had a bsod, so you should be able to read the dump file. Maybe Whocrashed was not the best suggestion, try BlueScreenView.
    A few months ago, after a big Windows update, I had random bsod on an old laptop. Graphics card was crashing. It was the firewall.

ROG Member Array

So this is weird. I tried BlueScreenView, but it reports 0 crashes. I received a bsod twice six days ago. Maybe something erased the dump files?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast