cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power4Gear Hybrid...

Xbcxbc
Level 7
Does this utility do anything besides defining 2 power plans and having two buttons to choose between them?

I'm trying to set the default power plan to "Balanced" so that normally my laptop doesn't use so much power (when not needed) but P4GH only has 2 options: "High Performance" and "Battery saving". Even when I set the power plan to "Balanced", it gets reset to "High Performance" when I restart the machine - this is getting really annoying.

Is there a way to configure P4GH to not to override the power plan settings? Is this utility even needed on the laptop? It seems to be nothing more than a fancy (useless) interface to select between two items. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I'm not sure if it adds any special drivers to the system that are needed for proper operation.
8 REPLIES 8

cosmicmango
Level 10
You can disable it with ccleaner - Under Tools - Startup - Windows - highlight ASUS Power4Gear - on the right click disable - reboot - reset your power plan.

You can get ccleaner here:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
G752VY-DH72

cosmicmango wrote:
You can disable it with ccleaner - Under Tools - Startup - Windows - highlight ASUS Power4Gear - on the right click disable - reboot - reset your power plan.

You can get ccleaner here:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

There is no any entry in CCleaner related to Asus Power4Gear but it runs eveytime when Windows is started. How does it run?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

tului
Level 7
I uninstalled this worthless bloated ****e

Xbcxbc
Level 7
Thanks for the replies - I'll probably get rid of this useless bit of junk. It's incredible that Asus managed to make the already pretty awful Windows UI for controlling power settings even less usable. Instead of spending money and time to come with these ridiculous graphical UI-s, Asus should've just created a simple .NET form with a handful of - actually useful - options.

The real power option is Intel XTU. I use it to undervolt the CPU and cache. Doubt it makes much difference, but it does drop CPU heat at max load 1-2C

Clintlgm
Level 14
Xbcxbc wrote:
Does this utility do anything besides defining 2 power plans and having two buttons to choose between them?

I'm trying to set the default power plan to "Balanced" so that normally my laptop doesn't use so much power (when not needed) but P4GH only has 2 options: "High Performance" and "Battery saving". Even when I set the power plan to "Balanced", it gets reset to "High Performance" when I restart the machine - this is getting really annoying.

Is there a way to configure P4GH to not to override the power plan settings? Is this utility even needed on the laptop? It seems to be nothing more than a fancy (useless) interface to select between two items. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I'm not sure if it adds any special drivers to the system that are needed for proper operation.

Yes just uninstalled it from programs and features, CC Cleaner can be hazardous to your OS do use unless there are no other options. Power4gear uninstalled easily and cleanly.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yes just uninstalled it from programs and features, CC Cleaner can be hazardous to your OS do use unless there are no other options. Power4gear uninstalled easily and cleanly.

Is there anything that you would recommend using other than CC Cleaner to keep the computer running smoothly? I use CC Cleaner fairly regularly to clean out cached files and fix up the registry without any problems (so far, lol). What problems have you had with it? Just out of curiosity. Thank you in advance.

Take Care,
-David

dwcl99 wrote:
Is there anything that you would recommend using other than CC Cleaner to keep the computer running smoothly? I use CC Cleaner fairly regularly to clean out cached files and fix up the registry without any problems (so far, lol). What problems have you had with it? Just out of curiosity. Thank you in advance.

Take Care,
-David

Well I just use disk Clean up and Run DISM Tools occasionally don't have any issues on any of my 5 computer. CC Cleaner and other Registry cleaners can and do trash Registry quite often I haven't used it in many years, I have started keeping Disk Images and Partition Images so If I install something I don't like how it going I just restore an image problems solved.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro