cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Samaritan Thread

Detleg
Level 12
I hope it is not against the rules / TOS if so please delete.

I decided to open a thread where to give away free stuff, like used or multiple items PC Parts Only (No software) like I have a bunch of stuff like cables, fans even some laptop HDD's peripherals.
the way it work is if someone has something he wants to ged rid off, posts in this thread and the first Person that responds and calls dibs on the Item gets it, after that you will go PM the Person to talk over the details, absolutely no selling, only the person who gets the item will be responsible for shipping charges...I know it will be tough overseas but in other forums they managed it just fine.
7 REPLIES 7

Pratham
Level 10
I don't get it.. do you mean we can trade our spare parts to get other people's spare part?? Or just give it away for free??

KPRage
Level 10
Pratham, I think he means both getting parts paying only shipping charges and, giving parts away with only shipping charges.. 🙂 So yeah, kinda free and, kinda trading.. Except that, here the first person to call dibs will get the parts.. 😉 Nice start Detleg.. Like it.. Me in..
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

kkn
Level 14
i would have gone by marshall on this before starting to do so.
this would only be trust between the 2 persons thats trading if so, others may do it to get rid of DOA or fked up parts just to get rid of it, witch will only end up in rage and they blame asus for it.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, nice idea but might be on dodgy ground...

For example I have some superb RAM to give you Detleg to help you break my RealBench score...it just happens to be shaped and coloured like a banana. Ignore that...it's the real deal.. honest. If you pay shipping I'll send it. You'll simply have to force the banana, sorry the excellent RAM, into the slots a bit and boot up. 😄

But it is a nice idea...hope it could work...

PM me about the RAMnana

Detleg
Level 12
KK yes you right about consulting with Marshall at first...but its not a for sale thread, so it should be ok. after reading the rules i couldnt find anything stating otherwise.

Yes Prat you could even trade, that would cancel out the shipping charges.

Arne...Pm mate 😉

All, I think that this needs to be run by MarshallR first, I have PM'd him and closed the thread in the meantime. If he sees no issues with it, then he or I will reopen it in the future. Nothing against it, but I don't know where that stands on the no-selling rule.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

X-ROG
Level 15
Detleg - thanks for the great idea but we'd rather not have any parts trading/exchange threads for a few reasons.

1) We're an entirely international forum, which makes shipping awkward.
2) It can still leave ASUS liable, as we are the facilitator for the transaction - free or otherwise.

Sorry all 😞