cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW charger died. Again

Lightstorm
Level 7
A few weeks ago I was playing World of Warcraft on my laptop and my charger suddenly died on me. After waiting more than two weeks, I finally got a new one in, since it was still under warranty. But now, after only having it a few days, my new charger has just died on me, at the same time and the exact same situation. I'd like to know what is going on so I can fix it and prevent it from happening again. I have it plugged into a surge protector so I don't think it's anything like that, but I'm at a loss as to what to do.
3 REPLIES 3

Lightstorm
Level 7
I just noticed that there's a faint beeping sound coming from the adapter as well. I hope that helps diagnose what the problem is.

1) Are you using the proper power cord from power adapter to the outlet for your country, so the connection is properly grounded?

2) If so, is the outlet you are using for electrical power properly grounded?

Improper grounding can cause a transformer (power adapter) to burn out, operate at less capacity, or fail to operate. It is important to note that a surge protector cannot protect against improper grounding.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Lightstorm
Level 7
Well, everything else that I have plugged into the surge protector seems to be alright, though I suppose that the plug I have it in could be damaged. But the power cord that I'm using is the one that was sent to me with the adapter. Also, now that I think about it, the surge protector that ai have it plugged into has battery back up in case the power goes out, but it only seems to work with a couple of the plugs. I was using one of them. Would that make a difference?