cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 8 recovery disc now available in the asus supportshop. For g75vw.

DeathAce
Level 7
As the title says. Finally ordered it. Haven't tried it yet though. Was a 7-14 day delivery time on it.
Here's a link to the supportshop: https://serviceshop.asus.com/
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for the notice!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like North American regions are listed on that site and may only be available to select regions.

Also, you may already know, but for others that do not, ASUS Backtracker can save your original ASUS factory recovery image to a USB drive, so it's probably a good idea to do this when you can.

The ASUS Backtracker posted version V2.0.0 is only in English right now and may not support all Win8 models, but if anybody wants to try it, check the ASUS download site here.

DeathAce
Level 7
Thanks.. good tip. Will definitely check it out.

Ordered windows 8 recovery disks.. They sent win 7 recovery disks which don't work on win 8 oem. Asus support tells me there are no windows 8 recovery disks available only windows 7.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
1. ASUS doesn't sell Win8 recovery disks in the U.S. and Canada, but supportshop: https://serviceshop.asus.com/ appears to be for other regions (European?), so we might want to check what other customers have experienced over there. I'm at the U.S. office and don't know anything about the supportshop anyway.

2. Hopefully you were expecting the Win7 recovery disks when you purchased them, or else you may want to try to discuss more with your place of purchase if it isn't what you wanted or let us know where you purchased them from to see if I'm able to do anything more from my end.

minisuper wrote:
They sent win 7 recovery disks which don't work on win 8 oem.

If you want to get rid of Win8 and install Win7, we may be able to help you achieve this although you may want to give us more details about the problem.
If you are not able to boot to the Win7 recovery disks, make sure you change your bios settings to 'enable CSM' and 'disable secure boot'. You may also want to try to change the boot order, but we can work on it if you're interested.

4. Just a reminder for other ASUS Win8 notebook customers who still have their original ASUS factory image that you may want to back up the ASUS factory image using the ASUS Backtracker software for Win8 from the ASUS download site (doesn't save any of your data, but will help you reinstall a hard drive to factory new condition) just in case you ever need it and are not able to send back the notebook for repair.