Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    ended up in several treads, ill tell a admin to merge them.
    Merged all of them. Saw them as I was making my evening rounds of the forums. No worries, OP, it's about a 30-second task to fix.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

Cheers for that . makes the post less messy and easier to read. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GUYVER View Post
    Cheers for that . makes the post less messy and easier to read. Awesome.
    No problem. because you put the posts up so close together in time, I could grab them all really quick and merge. If you would like, I can remove the "Part 1" from the title (changing the title is really easy).
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes please, that would be awesome. Cheers for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by GUYVER View Post
    Yes please, that would be awesome. Cheers for all the help
    And done! Sorry if took me a few hours to get back, but sometimes there are other things that some of us have to do besides mod the forums.

ROG Enthusiast Array

lol , cheers matey ... and you could have taken all the time you needed. Once again thanks for the help

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just having a quick flick thru the article, and realised I forgot to say thanks to Masterbobo for the compliment on the build, Cheers matey . Fallout 3 is an awesome game, the immersive storyline, epic hugeness of the world, the seemingly never ending amount of missions, weapons, armor ... and then there's wandering the wastelands and seeing the absolute destruction of the cities and subways. I can remember leaving the vault for the first time, seeing the world in front of you, and after walking for a short distance, the realisation dawned on me that what you can see ... you can walk to. Awesome.
    From that moment, I wanted to make a machine in homage to the game, but I wanted it to be done well. A few years after the idea, I hope that with my budget and abilities I was able to do it justice. I am very happy with the build, even if it does weigh a freakin' tonne (I reckon around 25 or more kilo's). Once it gets those new cards into it, I am hoping that it will provide me with some serious (somewhat future proofed) gaming enjoyment .

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well after shifting into the new house and getting somewhat settled, I have nearly finished playing with my LAN set up and should be up and running within a few days, already tested with Borderlands 1, which was a mistake, as that took away nearly a week of time as my mate and myself had so much fun with it. Will be posting pictures of the finished set up soon, just have a few posters and stuff to put up to dress the room up a bit.
    Anyways, onto the problem I have at hand. This is a PhysX issue I am having with 'Fallout', I can successfully install PhysX onto this rig and it shows in GPU-z as ticked (active), and I do get PhysX in-game with Borderlands 2 (only game I have tested with it so far) ... my problem is that the PhysX is set to the CPU and not the GPU. So in essence I have a Nvidia card installed to 'enable' PhysX, but it isn't getting utilised as the job is being passed onto the CPU. Within the Nvidia control panel, which I had to do a task manager fix for as it was no longer showing, there is no option for PhysX settings. It just isn't physically there. The only way I can get the PhysX setting to 'appear' is to unplug the ATI cards and put the Nvidia as the main card, then the PhysX option is there. As you can understand, a Nvidia GT640 (single slot version) is not going to cut the mustard so to speak as a main gaming card, and was never meant to be such. So in go the ATI HD6970's as the main cards and the Nvidia as the PPU. Once again after getting everything up and running again, I am to find that no PhysX setting is there.
    So simply put, my problem is 'not' with getting the HybridX set up to run, this I can do, ... but to get it to run on the card it was meant to do in the first place, and not on the CPU. Is there such a program that can do this setting change for you as an option for either dedicated PPU or CPU. I have tried PhysX tweaker but it seems to do nothing, no matter what I choose, it still utilizes the CPU.
    Is there some sort of 'registry' change or little fix I can do to get the PhysX setting to appear within the Nvidia control panel?
    Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I have used the 'Hybridize' set up and tools, and it was successful.
    I tried that 1.05FFF and all that other stuff ... could not get that to work at all.

P.s.
    I tried the same thing on 'BLUe', seeing as it was set up for HybridX also, but being lazy I had all the drivers and gear to do the job on a USB key for 'Fallout', having 'newer' drivers than what I used in the past for the set-up on 'BLUe'. So in went the USB key and off I went installing, everything went fine up to the part where I have to install the Nvidia drivers. When I went to do so, (remeber that these drivers are newer than my old ones), I was presented with a BSOD. Thinking something just didn't go right like the computer wanted, I casually restarted the machine and started the process off again. Another BSOD, but this time after restarting, my Nvidia card would no longer work. Initially in device manager it showed 'VGA card' error code 10. Found out that this usually means a driver is missing. Install the driver (old or new, doesn't make a difference here) and now device manager reports 'Nvidia GT440' error code 43. After some exhaustive research I discovered that many many people have had the same issue with their Nvidia cards once they updated their drivers, and that this 'error code 43' is actually the death of your card, generally but not always related to the onboard VGA RAM. I further found out about a 'baking' method to try and resolve this issue, and in some cases it works. Am thinking of trying it myself, what have I got to loose?
    Not happy with this eventuality, as I never got to use that card at all!!! ... two years in the cupboard waiting for 'Blue' to be resurrected, never ever been used card ... dead, cause of a driver update.
    Just another 'tick' in the 'Why I Like Radeon Over Nvidia' list

P.P.s
    Before anyone jumps up and down and says, 'It's not worth it' or 'Too much effort'. My answer to this is after successfully achieving it, 'Yes it is' and 'No it isn't'. I know it would be easier to just get a Nvidia card, but I don't like Nvidia as a company and the cards they make, just don't like em. So for an ATI Radeon man, this is what I have had to do to get that (being the PhysX component). It changes the way the game looks and feels, and I for one will be playing all games from now on with PhysX.
    Last edited by GUYVER; 10-08-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2