Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Yes, Chris, you're right... - perhaps I didn't express myself correctly...

Let me try one more time...
    Maybe the correct term from me would be "jealous" instead of "not impressive"... I'm jealous because I know that we, everyday benchers, can not get those scores... and maybe a little bit upset, because it's about lack of information...

Those scores are used for advertising the gear... for showing that the mobos are able to run those high scores - but, the mobos we're getting from the stores ARE NOT able to reproduce those scores... because for those high scores often you need serious hardware modifications... Which is OK - if we could do those modifications too! (and now I'm meaning graphics cards too)

So, that's why I said that those records are completely useless and we should focus on the everyday performance (by this I mean benching too, at our level)...

If it came out in the way that I'm not impressed by those scores, I sincerely apologize! Yes, those records are unbelievable cool...

I understand what he is saying. @Arne is pointing out that most of us don't have liquid nitrogen (or, gasp! liquid helium) in our freezers, so the likelihood of us achieving those scores is slim to none.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Zygo .. Arne? ----------- said nothing.

Zka, Fair enough goodSir .. but Yikes.
    It doesn't say its a modified board or gpu. Why isn't whatever modification that was done
    available to 'us'. [knowedge ? skill to do so ? special hardware added ?] I know that some cpu's
    and assume the same is true for gpu's and memory are the luck of the draw .. but the motherboards ?
    I was right, I'm confused. hahhaa
    This sounds the same to me as those able to afford X chips and other extraordinary hardwares
    competing against ... well frankly AMD's.
    [ which by the way ... don't work like intels making comparing them in benching impossible from my
    perspective .. like running the same test to compare submarines to airplanes.imho. A test is skewed if it tests the way one flys without considering how the other swims or vice versa. sorry off point.]
    I recently saw that intel machines running cpu's at 5ghz, memories @ 2400-32gb/64gb took the highest scores, while intels running at AMD limits .. 4-4.2ghz, memories @ 1866- 8gb/16gb/not so much 32gb didn't fair much better than the AMD's.
    Of course looking at it from a motherboard hardware perspective the price was $2 to $1.
    Looking at it this way, it would be easy to be jealous, although pointless because then there would be no learning,
    It is more about available resources and learned experience (a little luck) than pure skill. Always will be.
    It's kinda like the way the guy in the Ferrari must have felt when the guy in the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse showed up and they both found out it was a Monster Truck Mud Bog Rally. hahhaha

I begin to yearn for a 'nascar' masters challenge with equally prepared 'machines'. (again. sorry. off topic.)

Never a need to apologize brother, this is an arena of ideas leading the best to better ..

The OP/T was because .. those FM2's are sweet .. and although they dont bench the way some do with
    the software that some use, they certainly deserve the best board to perform on.
    This I think was quite cleverly answered by M, 'no time'. We know how quickly things move through cycles,
    I still think the best is yet to be seen from AMD or ROG AMD boards .. but its coming. eventually. some day. hahhahaha.
    [The intel guyz are hav'n to much fun, gotta throw AMD a bone once in a while .. like .. world records.]

btw.. can't wait til HiViz reports back on mates findings.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-03-2013 at 02:32 AM.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

LOL, about records... - I just broke the ROG RealBench one!

I never said and never will that AMD and Intel should compete in the same category... as you said, comparing airplanes with submarines...

I actually started from graphics cards when saying that they need special hardware modifications... then I know some older mobos which also needed modifications to be able to dominate... (not sure on this one though)

And why we, regular people, can not do those modifications? Because the infos are not accessible to everyone... really hard to get trustworthy knowledge on how to modify the hardware... and we can not afford to just simply give a try...

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Awesome .. Congrats on the RRB Record .. that's perseverance in it's purest form.

As to the rest .. meh .. If I could answer then question I'd be Tesla. c.

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    But the core BIOS work is all the same, only with slight tweaks. FM2+ would take ground-up work.
    I understand about Resources not being available but MarshallR you didn't complete the reference ending in the above quote. Sorry to call on this but what you really mean is Asus isn't willing to spend the cash to make this a reality which also backs up what I stated in another thread. The reason I can confidentially say this is because if you had spent any time in the Labs you'd know all about the Programming tools listed here: http://www.ami.com/Products/BIOSandEFIFirmware/ and with these tools you'd know that the BIOS is Modular and can be created in a matter of an Hour or Two. Asus receives the BIOS Modules from AMD and then Asus uses the Tool from AMI to place them in the order that the Designer wants. The only problem spot might be in tweaking a Module and yes that could take a little time but on the other hand you already have all of the AMD ROG Modules built and need very little Tweaking in the first place. This is why I stated Asus could give the AMD People more or better and even a lot of the Features installed on the Intel Side because like the WiFi Board is an add-on board to the Main Board and is handled with drivers which come from that Board Manufacturers but anything needing to be in BIOS is already done up in Modules and easily implemented and everything else can be handled with Drivers from the Respective Manufacturers. Hello New ROG Board Base 1:23:31 HH:MM;SS now the Looks of the Board...well that is simply setting up a New Order line with the right Color PCB and using Already In-Stock Colored Sockets. The Heat Sinks could take the longest because they have to be Designed from the Ground up and that could take as long as a Week, so there I will give you a little extra time to accomplish.
    So the only thing here of making an FM2+ from the Ground Up is the Heat Sinks.... The BIOS is pretty much Pre-Made for you, The MoBo is a Base Design that only needs the USB Connector added for ROG Connect but still means the Board is Done and in the Fashion of Asus dealing with AMD line since the CrossHair V's Minimal Give to the End User for Maximum Cash...Meaning you wouldn't have to do anything really other than make it Black and Red and call it some Fancy ROG Name to have a Sell-able item that gets 300% to 500% Profit over the same Board with out the ROG Name.

Oh and BTW thank you for not putting my name up in the Happy Birthday announcement for the 3rd year in a row! It's really nice to know how much Asus is willing to do to show people that their not welcome here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	24431
    Added Capture...
    Last edited by DaemonCantor; 08-03-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCantor View Post
    Oh and BTW thank you for not putting my name up in the Happy Birthday announcement for the 3rd year in a row! It's really nice to know how much Asus is willing to do to show people that their not welcome here.
    This is user error not a forum issue. vBulletin displays birthdays automatically. Nobody adds them to an announcement on a daily basis. Your birthday is not displayed because you have that setting disabled in your settings (Currently set as "Hide age and date of birth"). At a minimum it needs to be set to "Display only day and month of birth".

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Praz, Thank You for the reply but that would be a problem considering I entered my Date of Birth when I signed up and then on the Profile I gave basic Bio info but never set anything to privet at the time it didn't have that choice that I can remember. So apparently someone or something on the server end did it...Sorry for the info on that and for that matter since the forums were moved I can't get in to Profile Settings anymore anyway....I' have pm'd MarshallR about this a long time ago but never got a response so apparently I'm not worthy enough to fix anything.

No worries, DC, it is possible that something happened and @MarshallR forgot all about it. I would say to PM him again, since the likelihood is that he needs a reminder. What most likely happened is that in the server move the forum privacy settings were tightened up, and so the birthday is no longer appearing.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    Arne? ----------- said nothing.
    True until now...

But I have to say I agree with Z pretty much....the LN2 crowd pull some fantastic figures out of stuff but they are entirely irrelevant to even most enthusiasts and less so to the average PC guy who wants to pull a bit more out of his gear with a bit of OCing. And here, it my impression that Intel+Nvidia give you better performance at the moment be it in benchmarks or games. My impression is that the gap between the LN2 figures on Intel and the accessible achievements with water-cooling (which is where most of us can realistically aspire to getting) is less than the gap between the records on AMD and where the majority of AMD users sit. Maybe this impression is flawed.

I am a fan of getting my hands on reliable performance at a reasonable price so if things change next week you will see me firing up an AMD board CPU and GPU. This week I am on Intel because their stuff covers all my normal computing needs but also gives me the pleasure of being able to compete in a benching competition with the possibility, if I work for it, of placing well at the finish something AMD simply do not deliver. Is that a benchmark conspiracy thing...maybe...but if so where is the benchmark that AMD perform well in? why no submarine benchmark...I can't believe the whole thing is so thoroughly perverted.

This is not a good thing for me as a consumer, as has recently been proven, since Intel and Nvidia have charged me a pretty penny for their top of the range stuff since there is no competition from AMD in this sector. The future of computing is going to be very different with things probably moving to cloud computing and people accessing whatever they want from a device that uses whatever display is closest...phone, monitor, TV...with no processing power whatsoever...so maybe AMD have seen this and given up the largely irrelevant fight for processing power...who knows.

RE all the hardware mods necessary to obtain these figures at the BOT don't get me started.....should be stock equipment only in my opinion. what we have now is corporate sponsored cheating basically....I pay it no attention and don't measure myself against it...I try to compete with my fellow ROG teamates...not some closed circle of company sponsored teams of electronics engineers with modded hardware and 500 specially binned CPUs.

So, ROG worthy? I think the market will answer that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2