chrsplmr
Level 18
19 REPLIES 19

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hell yeah they are Bro!!! just wish ASUS would see this too :cool:

chrsplmr
Level 18
The only way this makes sense to me is Asus has 'seen' the future, ie .. the nextAMD's, and are currently working
on the 'Next' AMD ROG ... 0R ... there is 'other' behind the scenes money involved, ie .. Intel is 'paying' dearly.

It's just another curi0dity ..c.

X-ROG
Level 15
I've asked about FM2+ ROG boards before and they want to but don't currently have the manpower in design or BIOS unfortunately 😞 Hopefully soon!

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I've asked about FM2+ ROG boards before and they want to but don't currently have the manpower in design or BIOS unfortunately 😞 Hopefully soon!

Considering ROG have just released 5 ROG boards, it's no bloody wonder lol 😛

i'm half tempted to buy myself one of these bad boys that have recently been released by ASUS and see how they compare against the current FX line, ie RealBench scores :cool: with a 6800k of course 😉
1:A88XM-A
2:A55BM-A/USB3

A couple more World 1sts for ASUS, releasing the 1st boards that are compatible with the upcoming 'Kaveri' FM2+ APU's. With support for Dx11.1 and PCIe 3.0

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Considering ROG have just released 5 ROG boards, it's no bloody wonder lol 😛

But the core BIOS work is all the same, only with slight tweaks. FM2+ would take ground-up work.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
But the core BIOS work is all the same, only with slight tweaks. FM2+ would take ground-up work.

I understand about Resources not being available but MarshallR you didn't complete the reference ending in the above quote. Sorry to call on this but what you really mean is Asus isn't willing to spend the cash to make this a reality which also backs up what I stated in another thread. The reason I can confidentially say this is because if you had spent any time in the Labs you'd know all about the Programming tools listed here: http://www.ami.com/Products/BIOSandEFIFirmware/ and with these tools you'd know that the BIOS is Modular and can be created in a matter of an Hour or Two. Asus receives the BIOS Modules from AMD and then Asus uses the Tool from AMI to place them in the order that the Designer wants. The only problem spot might be in tweaking a Module and yes that could take a little time but on the other hand you already have all of the AMD ROG Modules built and need very little Tweaking in the first place. This is why I stated Asus could give the AMD People more or better and even a lot of the Features installed on the Intel Side because like the WiFi Board is an add-on board to the Main Board and is handled with drivers which come from that Board Manufacturers but anything needing to be in BIOS is already done up in Modules and easily implemented and everything else can be handled with Drivers from the Respective Manufacturers. Hello New ROG Board Base 1:23:31 HH:MM;SS now the Looks of the Board...well that is simply setting up a New Order line with the right Color PCB and using Already In-Stock Colored Sockets. The Heat Sinks could take the longest because they have to be Designed from the Ground up and that could take as long as a Week, so there I will give you a little extra time to accomplish.
So the only thing here of making an FM2+ from the Ground Up is the Heat Sinks.... The BIOS is pretty much Pre-Made for you, The MoBo is a Base Design that only needs the USB Connector added for ROG Connect but still means the Board is Done and in the Fashion of Asus dealing with AMD line since the CrossHair V's Minimal Give to the End User for Maximum Cash...Meaning you wouldn't have to do anything really other than make it Black and Red and call it some Fancy ROG Name to have a Sell-able item that gets 300% to 500% Profit over the same Board with out the ROG Name.

Oh and BTW thank you for not putting my name up in the Happy Birthday announcement for the 3rd year in a row! It's really nice to know how much Asus is willing to do to show people that their not welcome here.
Added Capture...

DaemonCantor wrote:
Oh and BTW thank you for not putting my name up in the Happy Birthday announcement for the 3rd year in a row! It's really nice to know how much Asus is willing to do to show people that their not welcome here.

This is user error not a forum issue. vBulletin displays birthdays automatically. Nobody adds them to an announcement on a daily basis. Your birthday is not displayed because you have that setting disabled in your settings (Currently set as "Hide age and date of birth"). At a minimum it needs to be set to "Display only day and month of birth".

Zka17
Level 16
Well, guys... I'm not impressed anymore with those kind of records... - they're completely useless for us, regular people...

Those records are gained in very special conditions, extreme cold and serious hardware modding... so for us, everyday users, those clocks are just in our dreams...

I would focus rather on the performance with air-cooling... if that is good, there is a chance that water-cooling will improve it further... - how the 6800k behaves in these conditions vs the FX series?

Zka17 wrote:

I would focus rather on the performance with air-cooling... if that is good, there is a chance that water-cooling will improve it further... - how the 6800k behaves in these conditions vs the FX series?

That's what I want to know too mate! though the 2 boards above I linked aren't yet here in Australia, I wanna see the difference for myself in person ~coughs~sponsormeASUS~coughs~ <.< >.> o.o whut? 😛 :cool:

MarshallR: if you happen to get your hands on a A88XM-A and a 6800k can you share some thoughts on it please?