cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Raidr express SSD compatibility

stevenskl
Level 7
CAn I use the new Rog Raidr express SSD on a Gigabyte GA P 35 DS4? Is there a compatibility list?
BTW. I don`t want to boot from the SSD, just use it as a normal additional drive.
18 REPLIES 18

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Should be absolutely no problem using it as a secondary drive on that motherboard, as far as i'm aware, the RAIDR Express was tested on a lot of boards for a greater range of compatibility 🙂

The PCIe is 1.0 on that board. Isnt`t the SSD compatible with 1.0? I guess it doesn`t need the speed of PCIe 2.0.

stevenskl wrote:
The PCIe is 1.0 on that board. Isnt`t the SSD compatible with 1.0? I guess it doesn`t need the speed of PCIe 2.0.

If the drive works at 1.0 performance will most likely be down at least 50% if not more.

Praz
Level 13
Isn't the PCIe on the GA P 35 DS4 version 1.0? The RAIDR Express requires 2 PCIe lanes at version 2.0 or higher.

stevenskl
Level 7
Thanks for your reply! Would be great, if there was an official compatibility list. I cannot even find ANYTHING about that SSD on the asus website!

Praz
Level 13
The Raidr Express is basically seen as just another hard drive. It should be compatible with any system that has at least a PCIe x4 2.0 available slot.

stevenskl
Level 7
But will it work at all? I intend to buy a new PC in 2 months. The SSD would run in my old computer only as long as I don`t have the new one.
Isn`t there anything about it on asus.com? Very strange...

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Friendly tip: Always check the Main ROG Front Page for any information, because you missed this: http://rog.asus.com/254802013/news/asus-rog-launches-raidr-express-pci-express-based-ssd/

stevenskl
Level 7
Thank you for the link. But still strange that there is no info on asus.com.