Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Mine is N46VM is Optimus Laptop i5 3210m with nVidia GT 630M. It is optimus (only) laptop.

There is no optimus label, only intel inside and Nvidia GeForce 2Gb label on the left side and
    Asus feature on the right, nothing mention about Optimus.

My friend's A43 just about the same on his palm stickers.

Everybody says that is imposible to disable Intel HD and use nVidia only.. What do you think about this BIOS photo?
    Is it fake? It looks real though.. Please advice, I am super confusing right now..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76476_0002.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	11942

May I ask is there ASUS official support forum to have hardware expert to ask within this case?

Edit: Some guys on other forum confirmed they can do this in their BIOS on other manufacturer's optimus laptop..
    Last edited by AjGilee; 09-22-2012 at 06:18 PM.

New ROGer Array

i think ASUS diabled it, for what reason i don't know

Note the "Boot Display Device [ThinkPad LCD]" It's not an ASUS. Thinkpads, being business machines, may very well have that ability. Check in the BIOS of your systems and see. Nothing will go wrong if you do.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

Hello! Sorry to disturb, I have too a laptop Asus X52Jc with double video card Nvidia Geforce 310M and Intel HD Graphics (technology Nvidia Optimus) and a week ago I reinstalled windows 7 32-bit and since then it just won't recognize the Nvidia video card.What can I do? I don't know much about computers, but I don't think it's a hardware issue since I didn't drop it or any kind of shock didn't occur. Can somebody help me? Thank you!

@jals, try installing the latest drivers from ASUS' site. If that doesn't work, let us know. My guess is that the drivers are not properly configured for the system.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    @jals, try installing the latest drivers from ASUS' site. If that doesn't work, let us know. My guess is that the drivers are not properly configured for the system.
    Hey guys, just like @jals above, I reinstalled Windows (mine 7 Home Premium 64 bit) and I have the same problem. I have the ASUS Bamboo Series U43. No matter what I do, I can't get it to recognize the NVIDIA card. I've tried so many things - ASUS' drivers from the website (which are seriously old btw), official NVIDIA drivers, beta drivers, modified INFs, all to no avail. If I get past the "no compatible hardware" error, then the closest I get is "Windows has found a driver for your device. However this driver does not support this version of Windows." I know the hardware is there because I used it right up until the reformat/reinstall. Looking at the inf files, each one I've tried using, Windows 7 and Vista 64bit are both included as supported. I'm stumped. Believe it or not, the Optimus worked well for me for the things I use it for, I enjoyed it - I should say well enough, that is, as I can't afford what I'd really like! ;-) But I don't like Intel by itself alone. Good for a lot, but not everything, so I'd really like the use of my NVIDIA card back! Any ideas at all? That don't include a new laptop? LOL! One thing I noticed, if this helps at all, (sorry if this is noobish, but learned all I know from guys like urselves on forums like this, but mostly in the Android phone dept. Haven't built much techy know-how up on the laptop yet, I'll git there!) When I did the reformat/reinstall, I used the ASUS included recovery partition as I bought the laptop from Newegg, and ships with all installed, no disks, the drivers and utilities in the folder you'd use to create your backup/ASUS Drivers & Utilities disk (labeled "esupport") now had even OLDER drivers and utilities! Thinkin this may have once had really old Windows OS on it originally and was upgraded, maybe even more than once. Yep, it was purchased refurbished. Thinkin this could be my prob?? Any help at all would be incredibly appreciated!!!

New ROGer Array

Hey... I have an Asus Notebook K55VD And it Has Nvidia Geforce 610M And Intel 4000 Graphic cards and i know Exactly what Overlucked says...
    I Play Call Of Duty 4 and the maximum fps that i can get is 70-80 with doing Everything That you could tell... Changing Nvidia Control panel settings...
    Right Clicking on the program and Choose Run with Nvidia Processor...Even Disabling the Intel Driver! but the game Always Run with the Intel...[When I disable the intel I get 4-5 FPS in game like i have no graphic cards] When I use my Laptop i separate the Battery so the battery life is not important.
    I Really want to know how to Run my game on the Nvidia how hard is it if its Possible (Disable the Optimus Technology)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3