cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] How to disable Intel HD Graphics - ASUS x52jc-ex434d

Retired
Not applicable
I'm here to ask for help, I have a laptop Asus X52Jc with double video card Nvidia Geforce 310M and Intel HD Graphics (technology Nvidia Optimus)

There are 2 options in the bios for video card

1) Run the laptop only whit video card Intel HD Graphics
2) Run the laptop with nvidia optimus (the switch between the two video cards is automatic)

When I run the Aero test ot Windows 7, the system shows me the score of 4.2, which is the score of intel video, I don't want to run my desktop on the intel. I want to run my notebook only with NVIDIA.

Thanks.
26 REPLIES 26

xeromist
May I ask why you want to do that? The Nvidia graphics takes a lot more power so your battery will not last. Unless there is a problem with the Intel graphics you should stick with it for 2D.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
optimus is designed to only run when needed. its designed to save battery life. if you really want you can also configure your applications to use optimus in your profile settings in the nvidia control panel.

Retired
Not applicable
May I ask you, do you have that kind of notebook ?
I think you don't.
So, when you buy OPTIMUS we will talk again about this ECONOMY type of work and technology.

xeromist
You are free to do as you choose. We are just trying to help you get the most out of your machine. As Brian wrote above you can enable Optimus for more things in the Nvidia control panel.

BTW, Brian is an ASUS employee so he is very familiar with Optimus and its usage. He gives very good advice.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
uhh yea what he said^ i am using a optimus notebook as we speak. heres a picture from "MY" optimus notebook. u33 bamboo. you can see that there is a auto select setting, dedicated nvidia setting or dedicated integrated graphics setting

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah thanks, but I already know this option..
Why ASUS don't make an option in BIOS for Asus X52jc-ex434d to disable VGA?

I am a Half-Life 1 player and now I can't play it on my notebook, because THERE IS NO SWITCH OPTION like in the picture, go download Half Life and I want to see how you will change to NVIDIA !!!
I can only play Half life 1 with maximum 60-70 frames per second.

Retired
Not applicable
if half life doesn't show up in the list of programs you can add it, with the "add" button. there is no way to disable the intel VGA, this is how optimus was designed. 60-70 frames is a lot higher than i expected from a nvidia 310 gpu, and you wont be getting those frames from the intel gpu. im not sure what kind of performance you are expecting from the 310 and how you are determining that the 310 gpu is not running while playing games. did you turn off vsync?

Retired
Not applicable
Vsinc is tuned off, In some games the 310 gpu is turning on, but Half life is using The intel chip. I can see any task that is running on the nvidia gpu, by entering in the task nvidia menu. And 60 frames is nothing in Half life... With this video the game should be running in 100 fps.

Retired
Not applicable
halflife locks on default at 70FPS. have you typed in console fps_max 100?