cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bios update 4206 for RIFV Users?

Xtremed
Level 7
I already saw in the download page of the RIVE and the RIVG the 4206 update, but still no news for the Formula.
Any ideas if this update is coming? we're still in the 4004.

Thanks!
Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5.0ghz || Noctua D15S || ASUS Z390-F
32 GB Corsair LPX 3200 (16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V)
Asus 3080 TUF Gaming OC || Acer Predator X34" @ 3440x1440
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB || Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB
3TB WD Caviar Green (Media Drive)
Creative SB ZX Sound Card || Kingston HyperX Cloud II
Logitech G910 Keyboard || Logitech Proteus Core G502 || Logitech G29 + Shifter
CM H500P Mesh White || PSU NZXT C850
12 REPLIES 12

rewn73
Level 7
Join issue,and I would like to ASUS engineers pay attention not only to R4E but R4F,I am an ardent fan of products ROG,and I have a lot of products of ADR,from the laptop to the video,I wish ASUS engineers lung problems solution. With respect, your fan. P.S. I know that is not the topic but can answer here,now here's the topic http://rog.asus.com/158612012/graphics-cards-2/asus-geforce-gtx-660-ti-bios-drop-inbound-for-perform...,

do I understand correctly,I have the video card GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 standard and I can flash the BIOS from the OS or the TOP version,if Yes then how to do it right,I never even pierced video,please sticks't beat )))

rewn73 wrote:

do I understand correctly,I have the video card GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 standard and I can flash the BIOS from the OS or the TOP version,if Yes then how to do it right,I never even pierced video,please sticks't beat )))

You should do it for your respective version... also the way to do it is simply click and you're done... the exe has all the parameters defined, if im right the "boost" performance its just higher clocks, you can archive that just OC.

PS: Next time stay on topic please, you should post a thread in the Graphics cards section, maybe they can give you a better response there.

It's probably because there is absolutely no need for a 4206 update for the Formula. Are you one of those guys that just updates, for no reason other than to have the latest version?

Heck, I have a RIVE and I'm still on 4004. The changes from 4004 to 4206 are so minor, there is no noticeable difference.

According to this article, us Formula users already have access to Ivy-E CPUs with the 4004 BIOS. I hope it's correct as I fully plan to buy the 4930K when it comes out in September.

http://www.techpowerup.com/187989/asus-intros-ivy-bridge-e-bios-updates-for-x79-motherboards.html

Nodens
Level 16
99% of the time the updates on all 3 boards happen simultaneously (I know because I download all 3 in order to mod with my patched OROM). If one version is not there it must be some quirk they're currently solving or the fixes do not apply for that board.

In this particular case 4102 did not come out for Formula and Gene because the changes in them did not apply to those boards. And 4206 is about new CPUs support which are not even out yet so be patient and it'll be out soon for the Formula too.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Xtremed
Level 7
Techotic i like to be in the lastest bios version, also i like to do some bench to see if it affects my OC profiles, etc... that's all, (you know "Enthusiast") and just like nodens added, Asus most of the time updates all the X79 RoG MB simultaneously, that's why im asking if there's no update for my MB.

I read the same article mrmojorisin pointed... that's was my doubt.
Well Thanks for your feedback guys!

Spartanjet
Level 7
I don't understand why they aren't updating the Rampage IV Formula bios it makes it seem as if the board has been abandoned by Asus. Why does the Gene and Extreme get the newer bios and not the Formula.

Spartanjet wrote:
I don't understand why they aren't updating the Rampage IV Formula bios it makes it seem as if the board has been abandoned by Asus. Why does the Gene and Extreme get the newer bios and not the Formula.

The Formula is far from abandoned. Read the second post above yours?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
The Formula is far from abandoned. Read the second post above yours?

I did but it still doesn't explain why 4206 is available for the Extreme and Gene. Why isn't this coming out for the Formula?