Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DrFPS View Post
    Maximus VI HERO users:

The above information does correct the clock issue. Its been 12hrs, I'm putting the board through it paces. It seems to be fixed **YEA
    which above information are you referring to exactly?
    I recently bought a maximus vi and having problems with the clock...

ROG Member Array Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorSamsung P2350
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH D-14
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair AX760
    Keyboard DELL SK8110/Logitech Orion 610
    Mouse ASUS Gladius
    Headset Sennheiser HD380 Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Is the Sabertooth motherboard recieving a BIOS update to this issue? The v2004 BIOS update listed on the ASUS website that was released in June only mentions:

SABERTOOTH Z87 BIOS 2004 and BIOS updater
    Improve System performance

*Note: Must apply the attached BIOS updater tool first before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors.
    Note: I am specifically asking about the first version of the motherboard, not the MKI or MKII.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi Motherboard|16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM|Integrated Audio|MSI Geforce 1070Ti|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Steel View Post
    Is the Sabertooth motherboard recieving a BIOS update to this issue? The v2004 BIOS update listed on the ASUS website that was released in June only mentions:

Note: I am specifically asking about the first version of the motherboard, not the MKI or MKII.
    I applied the update to my Sabertooth Z87 several weeks ago. Knock on wood, but up to this point I've not had any issue with the clock.

ROG Member Array

Hello!

I really don't know where else to turn since I have a month old asus z97-A motherboard with the clock issue. New boards, so there doesn't seem to be much written about them so far.

From what I gathered there's no need for opening the case and reseting the clock etc? Just flash bios and voila? Is it possible that the latest bios could fix the same issue for my z97-A?

edit: Forgot to ask if "standby cmos reset" is still needed after flashing? And isn't this dangerous for me/frying the board, since I'd be touching the cap/pins while there is some current stil flowing in the motherboard? Do I need to ground myself or at least connect the antistatic bracelet to the case? Also while the pc is turned off but still plugged in I see no red light, only the green "pwr_led" one. Is that the same one as the red in z87 boards?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to accidentally bust the board.

Thanks in advance!
    iced

edit: Flashed bios to version 1205 and clock started ticking without performing the standby cmos reset. Of course this is on default settings. Will try with xmp and ram on 1600.
    Last edited by deWiced; 07-20-2014 at 07:44 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Nothing suggested so far has been a permanent fix. I have a least 8 builds stacked up waiting .... if not fixed by the time the M7F drops, I'm gonna reconfigure the builds with alternate board selections. Was really looking forward to FanXpert3 and the extra PWM Headers but w/ no fix will figure something else out.
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

New ROGer Array

Hi!

I have also got a Z87 PRO V edition and I'm facing the RTC stop issue, too. Is there any certain solution yet? or when will be released the bios updates solving this issue?

Any news?

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

I have had nothing but issues with this motherboard - my clock has gone crazy also....

New ROGer Array

Hi, I'm new to this thread.

I've just built a Z97-a PC, and the clock stopped after about a week.

Updating to the newest BIOS: clock still in stop.

Cleared the CMOS while power totally off: clock restarted.

Looks like I'll need to keep an eye on this...

New ROGer Array

Hello Raja!

I have the problem where my clock doesnt work properly. And you mentioned something about a CMOS- reset and something else. I have no idea how to do these things!
    Can you please specify how to? This started yesterday.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Figgah:

There were two solutions to this problem, neither of which appears to be permanent:

1. The Clear CMOS method will unfreeze the clock but it is a temporary fix. Described here:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...n-UEFI-The-Fix

2. The 2nd method was via a BIOS upgarde which is described here (post 134):

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post408653

Last I checked however, no BIOS has ever been released with the announced "RTC Stop Error Cured" annotated in the description.... there were BIOSs released the next day but they allowed you to put Devils Canon CPUs in Z87 boards....no mention of fixing the RTC Stop Error.

I have since asked Asus over a dozen times including 5 times with the Asus Loyalty Team and they just refuse to answer the question as to whether that BIOS release included a fix for this problem. The only response is an offer to RMA the board. Ever call or e-mail response I have gotten is that they were unaware of the issue until I brought it to their attention.
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast