Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    New ROGer Array

Hi ! Just wanted to ask "how long would it take you (Asus) to resolve this issue?"

It has been almost a year since I am waiting for a fix. My old Post

New ROGer Array

Bios 1707 + 10 sec CMOS CLEAR fixed it for 236 days but now the clock is frozen.
    I guess i will try the latest Bios 2103 for GryphonZ87.
    (for more info se #124)

Update: Did a 10 sec CMOS CLEAR but the clock and date didn't work well in the beginning. It started to work properly after about two days. I then updated to ME 9.5.15.1730 and the Bios to 2103.

2014-10-18 Flashed Bios 2103, OK
    Last edited by kdk_warhead; 10-18-2014 at 09:12 AM.

ROG Member Array Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS P6T
    ProcessorIntel i7 920 @ 3.50GHZ
    Memory (part number)24GB DDR3 1500MHZ
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Geforce 760 4GB
    Sound CardIntegrated/Monitor
    MonitorASUS PG258Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH D-14
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair AX760
    Keyboard DELL SK8110/Logitech Orion 610
    Mouse ASUS Gladius
    Headset Sennheiser HD215
    OS Windows 10 Pro FCU x64

Any chance you guys can update http://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/...Desk_Download/ to mention the newest version of the Intel Management Engine Interface software? Currently it mentions "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V9.5.14.1724" when v9.5.15.1730 (And possibly newer, I haven't checked yet) exists and works fine (As far as I can tell, we haven't had any issues with the system since installing that unlisted version months ago)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro|Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ|ASUS P6T Motherboard|24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM|Integrated Audio|Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor

New ROGer Array

Hey guys.

I am the owner of a Maximus VII ranger and I'm affected by a frozen bios clock... It messes up my windows time...

Can you pinpoint me to a solution for this ? It seems that the problem appeared when I installed the MEi for the ai suite III

Thanks a lot

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by drogo View Post
    Hi!

I have also got a Z87 PRO V edition and I'm facing the RTC stop issue, too. Is there any certain solution yet? or when will be released the bios updates solving this issue?

Any news?

Thanks!
    I also have a Z87 Pro V edition and my clock is changing as well. Did you find a solution for this? I really don't want to RMA this at it was a hassle to build the PC.

What happens with me was;
    The clock is fine for around a year after build then after that it started losing time. I thought maybe it was a faulty CMOS battery so installed a new one. This worked for a couple of months then the same thing happened. I've been replacing my battery every 1-2 month since (and reloading BIOS settings each time).

I have the latest BIOS (2005) and have tried clearing the CMOS completely as well.

Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS P6T
    MonitorASUS PG258Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH D-14
    Mouse ASUS Gladius
    Headset Sennheiser HD215

Just chiming in again to confirm that the issue still does seem to be resolved for us. Windows Time Sync (Internet time) thing occasionally resyncs the Windows clock to the wrong value, we've since changed what server it syncs against so hopefully that's resolved.

There is definitely the possibility that it ISN'T resolved and the clock is being resynced using the internet each time we turn his PC on, masking the issue. I haven't really bothered to test this out, but I easily can. I actually might test it out now that I think about it. I'll disconnect his PC from the internet, leave it off for an hour or 2 and turn it on, see what the clock says.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro|Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ|ASUS P6T Motherboard|24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM|Integrated Audio|Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB|Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply|Fractal Define Design R5 Computer Case|Samsung P2350 Monitor

Nicholas Steel PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS P6T
    MonitorASUS PG258Q
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH D-14
    Mouse ASUS Gladius
    Headset Sennheiser HD215

I've tested the computer without it being connected to the internet for several hours while turned off, and still disconnected from the internet when it was eventually turned on. The clock and date in the BIOS remains correct.
    Computer specifications:

ROG Member Array

Asus Z87 MOBO Frozen Bios Clock Issue
    Can someone please inform me is this an issue that occurs only when any kind of overclocking is done.
    This includes enabling XMP profiles of RAM that has XMP feature.
    In other words is there anybody out there who has had frozen clock issue where no overclocking was done.
    Thanks...GAry

ROG Member Array

Problem Gone on Reinstall of OS. Not seen for 14months

Problem Gone on Reinstall of OS. Not seen for 14months ++++Using W7 64bit on Z87C and after did reinstall of exact same everything including hardware in Sep15 the frozen Bios Clock thing diappeared hopefully forever.
    Before then on old build it happened every 4-6months or so. Sorted by clearing Bios as per below>

Power down PC, switch off PowerSupply switch, disconnect PowerSupply cord at powerboard end, wait 10minutes or so, remove bios backup battery CR2032 type using a wood stick and place anti-static wrap beneath so if falls out does not short on circuit boards, press PC start button several times and hold down for 20 seconds to discharge residual current, move RTC jumper from pins 1&2 to pins 2&3 for about 20minute...then back onto default pins 1&2, reinstall battery, reconnect PowerSupply cord, switch on PowerSupply switch, can boot up PC but may take several attempts for it to come alive fully.
    Load optimised defaults when in BIOS screen and configure.
    JUMPER MUST BE CONNECTED AT ALL TIMES AND BIOS CLOCK SHOULD ZERO BACK TO 00:00:00 IF CLEARED FUNCTION EFFECTIVE

will need to reset boot priority under advanced settings withing bios. Do the following steps>>
    restart..press Del to enter BIOS...select Advanced settings (top right)...select F5 first to load optimised defaults...save/exit...reenter BIOS check boot priority under Advanced screen set boot priority so 1. Intel 2. Optiarc DVD 3. Toshiba thumb USB drive
    4. disable Printer so is not boot device.
    May have to select in Advanced screen "CD/DVD ROM Drive BBS Priorities" to get DVD devices to show in boot priority choices. Same for HDDrive re BBS Priorities so Intel C drive visible
    Also disable MOBO onboard audio...reenter BIOS again...Advanced setting top right>select advanced tab (top middle)>select Onboard Devices Configuration>disable
    onboard HD Audio>Save/Exit . Set RAM within bios disable XMP PROFILE 1.
    Check graphic card configuration set to Auto
    Check Boot screen>USB>set to partial initialisation and also enable fast boot

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17