cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sli Slot 1 and 3 URGENT!!!! Maximus V formula

Rodoair
Level 7
Hi all, sorry for my little English, but I find the solution to this problem, I have a Maximus V formula and I put 2 sli video tajetas using slot 1 and 3 leaving space in between for temperatures down but the pc does not recognize me the video card that is placed in slot 3, but I recognize the card that is in slot 1, if someone would kindly tell me what settings should I use or if you can not do anything.:(

thanks and regards
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, Rodoalr.

Please try your cards in the second and fifth slots just to see if your system detects them that way. Don't forget to connect the SLI bridge.

kkn
Level 14
red and black slot ( 1 and 2b ).
do you have 2 or 3 slot cards??
2 slot = http://www.pitt.edu/~facaffs/acie/images/New-NVIDIA-Tesla-Graphics-card.jpg
3 slot = http://powerleaguegaming.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/buzz_view_image/node_images/ASUS%20HD797...
be shure to connect all cables to the cards and the molex cable too ( on the motherboard on the bottom )
and see if the SLI bridge is connected right.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The Maximus V Formula has three PCIe slots. For SLI you have to use the top two PCIe slots.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The Maximus V Formula has three PCIe slots. For SLI you have to use the top two PCIe slots.

it have 4, 3 red and 1 black
for sli ( 2 cards ) he have to use first red and the black one. ( refer to the manual on SLI setup )
for 3 sli he have to use all 3 red slots since the black get disabled when adding a card in the 3'rd slot.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You sure about that dude?

Not sure how you are going to get a VGA into any of those black slots.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14
ops? 😛
must be on the extreeme or the crosshair ive mixed up then 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
Happens mate, I get the dual bios thing mixed up all the time.