cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spending cash. your input valid

yashiofactory
Level 7
Greetings,

My first post and probably my last, as I dont use forums. My question is, if I was contemplating a 3x landscape surround or eyefinity setup, which monitors would I buy. GPU's undecided... I have ~1000usd to spend on the monitors. I need the smallest bezel available, 120hz, andgood response time. I am impressed with ASUS MX279H but Im hoping that there might be something better. I am not afraid of taking the shroud off either but Id rather just purchase the right stuff. Searching through newegg got me a little lost and 3d doesnt interest me. Vesa mounts arent necessary either because I can make them if necessary. So if someone has the correct answer, Id like to blow my cash ive saved. Bezel thickness being my highest concern b/c I want a good seamless image..

T:cool:
3 REPLIES 3

Krindor
Level 11
The MX279 has a thick inner bezel. I think one of the monitor with the thinnest bezels is the LG IPS277l that got the same design as the MX279H but the inner bezel is 11 or 12mm while the MX279H is 17,5mm if I'm not wrong, but non of these are 120hz and I think most 120hz monitors have quite thick bezels.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

yashiofactory wrote:
Greetings,

My first post and probably my last, as I dont use forums. My question is, if I was contemplating a 3x landscape surround or eyefinity setup, which monitors would I buy. GPU's undecided... I have ~1000usd to spend on the monitors. I need the smallest bezel available, 120hz, andgood response time. I am impressed with ASUS MX279H but Im hoping that there might be something better. I am not afraid of taking the shroud off either but Id rather just purchase the right stuff. Searching through newegg got me a little lost and 3d doesnt interest me. Vesa mounts arent necessary either because I can make them if necessary. So if someone has the correct answer, Id like to blow my cash ive saved. Bezel thickness being my highest concern b/c I want a good seamless image..

T:cool:

Krindor wrote:
The MX279 has a thick inner bezel. I think one of the monitor with the thinnest bezels is the LG IPS277l that got the same design as the MX279H but the inner bezel is 11 or 12mm while the MX279H is 17,5mm if I'm not wrong, but non of these are 120hz and I think most 120hz monitors have quite thick bezels.

The MX doesn't have what I'd consider a thick bezel.

I'm currently using a MX239h @ work and 2x MX27 at home.

To give you an idea here's how thick the bezel is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q8aiu05b4i2rto/20130802_093120.jpg

I went from the ASUS 3D 27' 2MS response monitors to the MX and like them a whole lot more. The color and picture clarity make up for any lost response time IMO.

I'm not aware of any thin bezel 120Hz monitors.

Also, the MX series is NOT VESA mountable due to it's design. There's no screw mounts in the back, the base attachment sticks out as one piece and screws into the bottom ring.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Krindor
Level 11
Of course it isn't really considered thick but as they are marketing it as having a 0.8mm inner bezel when in truth it has a 17mm bezel, that is quite the difference, of course 20mm and below is pretty thin.

What Shawne said about the difference between the 3D/120hz monitors and the IPS panels explains the two choices you have, either a somewhat thick bezeled 120hz or a thinner bezeled IPS which have better picture quality, it really depends on your type of games, if you are a hardcore FPS player a 120hz panel is the best and for some quick games, for a better feeling in the games the IPS panel is better and works for most games including FPS games.

Also, Shawne can you measure the bezel of the MX27, just to check if I'm wrong or not about the inner bezel?
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop