cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows HAL event 12: platform firmware memory corruption

MikeV
Level 7
I get the following message sometimes when waking up the computer:

"The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system."

Any idea if Asus is aware of this and if there's a new firmware on the way? I did upgrade to the latest firmware on Asus's support site, but it didn't help.

My computer has following configuration: G750JX, SSD+HDD, 32GB RAM, GTX 770M 3GB.

EDIT: If it's any help, I have upgraded the OS to Windows 8 Pro and enabled the Hyper-V -support to run Visual Studio emulators. (should make no difference as the logs showed the issue prior to upgrade as well).

So far, I've experienced only one system freeze due to this memory corruption.
2 REPLIES 2

MikeV
Level 7
I sent a support request to Asus about this. Let's see if they respond in any sensible manner.

You can check if your system is affected by the issue by going into Windows Event Viewer and searching for Event 12.

MikeV
Level 7
One more thing, I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics tool. The tool showed no defects. It looks like the firmware version BIOS 207 is indeed affected by the issues described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463112.aspx