cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Leather

Giannis996
Level 9
Well last build log didnt go as planned as i had a bad camera and it was hard for me to take a shot of every step i made.

This is a build im working on a couple of weeks and is my first "good" mod. I hope you like it and feel free to post questions, suggestions or concerns.

Let's Start with Spec:

Maximus VI Extreme
Intel Core i7 4770K
Corsair 650D
Corsair AX860
Seagate Baraccuda 2TB HDD
2x EVGA GTX Titan Signature
2xCorsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz 2x8Gb
2xOCZ Vertex 4 256Gb SSD
And of course MDPC Sleeves!

As for the water cooling...yes i will fully watercool this build wth EK waterblocks and especially the new clean blocks!

Lets Start!

Everything starts with a good bench and the right tools!

Im trying to learn how to take professional photos..i hope im it the right path.

Lets Get Started..im about to "clothe" the motherboard tray with black leather so i cut a piece to use as a template.

I like the contrast of gold with black so i changed the standoffs to brass ones a small detail that i wanted to add even tho it isnt visible.

The reason i used black leather is that i think it will fit the style of the build and the Red LED that im about to add later and also because i wanted to hide some holes that i didnt like!

And This is the Result. I used synthetic rubber adhesive so and stetch it enough so ill be able to hid the holes i dont like. I also used the dremel to make new holes for the rubber bands in places i think are more useful and visual better.

More picture coming soon.
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
10 REPLIES 10

Giannis996
Level 9
Update No.2

I finally cut the excess leather and mounted the tray back to the case with rivets unfortually not MDPC but im up to change them as soon as possible.

Here is the result im pretty happy with it tho i must strech the leather a bit more because im chasing the perfect result.

Here is what im up to do when some metalsheets that i have sent for plasma cutting arive. i may change my mind and use RGB LEDs.

Detleg
Level 12
Will the leather not make it even hotter in the case?
it looks great though!!

Giannis996
Level 9
Detleg wrote:
Will the leather not make it even hotter in the case?
it looks great though!!
Thanks man!!! not it will not make it hotter i havent noticed any temperature change during the stress test at all.!

Giannis996
Level 9
Update No.3

This project unfortunatly is moving slower than expected as i need it to be perfect and second because the pieces ii have sent for plasma cutting arent ready yet...

Anyways...

I took apart the case again because i had a currency leak and i needed to find out where is the fault and im glad that wasnt the psu or the mobo. It seems that a socket in the house isnt grounded as a result whenever i touch the case i get a small shock.

This is the "Bench" im working on till i finish the case.

Another reason the project got a delay is because i needed to rip off the leather cause i needed to mount this 2mm metal thingy so the mobo tray become straight again as it was bent when i cut some of it with the dremel.

And again using leather...a bit easy the second time but i needed 24h to let the glue dry.

I used some leather at the 5.25" bays but I cant tell why..yet..at least until some pieces arrive.

At last mounted the Back I/O shield..I forgot 2 times as i had to take a part the whole case...

Changed all the rivets with aluminium ones..i like the colour and i still need some money to order things from MDPC. (and rivets)

As a friend told me the mobo MUST touch directly to the case wouthout some kind of insolation between mobo-standoff so i think i made a good choice using these brass standoffs and cutting enough big holes to the leather for not insolating the mobo.

HDD drives mounted!

Thats for now... See you next week! (hopefully)

Giannis996
Level 9
Small Update No.3

Im really disapointed that i havent yet recive the pieces i have sent for plasma cutting tho i contacted the guy today he will try to send them today so ill have them tommorow.

Until then im expiramenting with LED strips i think the result looks nice but there always space for improvments and thats what im up to do!

I also tried to make the Supreme FX style although i didnt succeed 😞

Anyways thats for now i hope tommorow ill have a big update!!

Cya Later.

psu problem solved it was due to faulty psu so i sent it back and next week hopefully ill have a new one and i will procced to sleeving sorry for the big delay on the log 🙂

Well project doesnt go as planned and i need to buy a knife for my cnc to cut the metasheets myself as the guy i sent them from plasma was dalaying it week to week (greek style) and also im about to switch to a 900D for more space and to fit everything i need to i hope i have an update soon tho i dont see much intrest..anyways! ..

Giannis996
Level 9

Build discontinued this is the final pic of it just to prove that its complete...it has pontential and im in expiramenting stage with the lightning (i hate all thes colours together) i might make a proper build log after my final exams next summer..till then cya in forums now and then and i hope i didnt dissapoint any of you if i might did wrong use of some components because personaly this build isnt worth all the money if i dont make it count with a proper mod!...

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Hey Giannis996

Very elegant looking build you got there! Aswell as a unique idea, never saw leather inside a PC build! I like it!

All the best mate!

Cheers
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP