cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is screen flickering a software or hardware issue?

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hey guys, if the lines in the screen should be fixed with an update in the future, can the flickering be as well? This is the only thing preventing me from buying a G750Jw.
Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

The_Thing
Level 8
Hardware problem.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
Hmm okay Thank you

99GreenySC2
Level 7
well than what hardware is affected and process to fix it

PPanda
Level 8
The screens used are poor quality to begin with. Additionally, they are not even operating at the low level they should.

ASUS screwed up huge on the g750s. I have asked for a refund and they refused. After 2 RMAs they are asking me to RMA again because the computer is still flickering and the keyboard backlight was broken during the last RMA.

We could all open up complaints with the BBB for failure to honor advertised warranty.

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
When do you guys see the flickering? Only from when its turned on from sleep?

PPanda
Level 8
The dimmer the screen the more obvious

Psycho_Mantis
Level 7
PPanda, between G75Vx and G750VW do you think the older model would be better since the newer one has certain issues?

I was planing to share a mine and friends story....

I will make a new thread with pictures and all when were done with changing the display in g750jx-t4073h.

It all started with me pluging my external monitor to the g750. I was amazed that i see the lines on external monitor too.
My friend owns exact same laptop as i do. He just "changed" the display on his latop. He is planing to keep he old screen on the laptop, cause he found out that after dismantling the laptop and connecting the screen of his olf ASUS ROG laptop he still sees the vertical flickering.

Cause im not an expert, i wont say that the screen is fine. But he says its the GPU's fault....

Once everything is done an documented i will open up an thread with pictures and all...

Just my 2 cents...

The_Thing
Level 8
Intel Dude, you must be payed for coming here on forums and telling people how perfect your g750 is. Please, tell us a solution ******, you don't help us with your "perfect" product.

edited hivizman - keep it tidy guys