cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z87-A - Overclocking Failure - Access Violation at Address 00451314 - in AI Suite3

-Jim-
Level 8
Gents,

Here's my first post here so please be gentle. I purposely bought a Z87-A as soon as NCIX got them here (June 23rd) based mostly on good prior experiences with Asus well featured MBs and a few Asus You Tube Videos. I went for the "A" as I was trying to buy one to fit what I wanted it to do, and not overspend (like I always do) on features I never use. One of the reasons I went for this version was according to what I saw on the web, Ai Suite III was the same on all versions, as was the ability to overclock.

The salesmen @ NCIX advised the differences between versions of the Z87 family were extra hardware (like more Sata ports, Dual LANs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) as you move up the food chain, and I had exactly what I wanted with the "A" board for my purposes.

After purchase I found out Ai Suite III is not the same on this board but similar. (I still can't find a manual anywhere for Ai Suite III.) If I do an Extreme O/C I get an error "Access Violation at Address 00451314 in Module 'AISUITE3.EXE' write of address 000003A8"

(If I do the Ratio Only non-extreme O/C it works fine and gets the Rig to 4.3 GHz no problem => even when I had the stock Intel Fan & Heat Sink installed.)

At first I tried to uninstall Ai Suite III / re-install. No Joy. Then I scrubbed the Registry (Registry Cleaner) after un-install. Then I gave up and re-installed the OS Partition (from a Ghost Image I made of the OS - Windows 7 Pro with all current drivers and updates.) And I tried again. No Joy. Then I re-imaged again when I found a new version of Ai Suite III on July 19th on the Asus Driver page for this Board. Still no Joy. :mad: Then I found the Cleaner and tried it and re-installed - No Joy. After all that, now I'm getting a bit miffed.

I have manually adjusted (just tweaked the multiplier for CPU clock speed and Fan Xpert) and got to 4.6 GHz with decent temperatures (with the Water Cooler) so I know there's more performance to be had here.

I see a similar issue posted on a Z87-Pro (with a different address for the violation) and a reference to a new version of Ai Suite III. But the poster still had no joy and it talking about returning his MB as defective. Do I have to RMA this one too?

Any assistance will be appreciated. My basic specs are below.

Regards,

Jim:cool:

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
CPU: Intel Haswell 4770K
Cooler Master Seidon 240M
Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B
128 Gig 6 Gb/s Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme
1 TB Seagate 64 MB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Bitfenix Ghost Case
PSU: Corsair TX750
Optical: LG Blue Ray & Samsung DVD
Video: Gigabyte GTX 560
45 REPLIES 45

HiVizMan
Level 40
BIOS overclocking is the way to go, I am not a fan of clocking for 24/7 use in the OS.

Could you list what it is you will be using the AISuite for? And have you installed the AMA file found in the bin of the AISuite folder on the DVD.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

asus maximus VI formula 找不到efi shellX64.efi 有沒有人知道.這是什麼阿? 我不了解啦 謝謝大大幫忙!!!!

-Jim-
Level 8
Thanks for the reply. I guess I was hooked on this software by the Videos JJ posted with various sites on You Tube. It's seems almost too easy to ignore - at least to establish baseline settings for O/C. Is there a manual for Ai Suite III?

This may be blasphemy here (being the Republic of Gamers) but it's most intensive use will be for Video Editing HD home movies (vacation, family birthdays, etc.) from my Sony HD Camera. Them I plan to burn them onto Blu-Ray. I plan to use Cyberlink's PowerDirector 11 once this Rig is fully overclocked and stable. The Beauty (if it works) of the Ai Suite III Software for me is the automatic throttling based on load. Most of the time I'm not Video Rendering, and I like my Boxes quiet (It sits at arms length to my right at ear level). So having the whole unit ramp up noise wise only when needed is a huge plus.

I un-installed the DVD version of the Ai Suite III a while ago to go with the updated one from the Asus Site, but I checked on the disk and can't find any AMA file (name or extension?) in the AI Suite Folder. I have searched the downloaded file folder (AISuite_III_WIN7_8_Z87-A_Z87-C_VER10051) with the same results.

Last night after posting I removed Ai Suite III - ran the cleaner and Registry Clean Expert to get rid of any remaining loose bits. What should I do next?

Thanks for the assist.

Regards,

Jim

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
CPU: Intel Haswell 4770K
Cooler Master Seidon 240M
Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B
128 Gig 6 Gb/s Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme
1 TB Seagate 64 MB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Bitfenix Ghost Case
PSU: Corsair TX750
Optical: LG Blue Ray & Samsung DVD
Video: Gigabyte GTX 560

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello Jim

No stress about what you use your system for mate, bottom line is you are a ASUS user and you have an issue that needs resolving.

Yeah the software is pretty cool I must say.

For what you want I can honestly say that the defaults of the system will do all that for you in any case. Seriously the down clocking or throttling back as you call it is an Intel feature that is built into your CPU.

The easy way of doing a reasonable OC would simply to go into bios and..

select XMP as your mode of OC
Set your multi to 44x
Leave all the rest on AUTO and select F10 and enter to save and boot to OS

You should be good to go.

As simple as that mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

-Jim-
Level 8
Thanks again for the reply, but doing a simple O/C is not really the answer. The issue is I paid money to Asus for Ai Suite III to do this via their software in Windows, and they've failed to deliver. I want them to fix this (either software or hardware).

The rationale is for the O/C only to go to Max when needed => as per all of the Videos they posted on the Web. Normally when Ai Suite is enabled and working correctly it's "ramped down" to a very low CPU frequency, CPU Voltage, and cooling fan speeds. But when you need the "horsepower" it ramps up all of these in response to an increase in load. (I know "throttling" is used by Intel so I'll refrain from using it here as to not confuse folks.) It's this behaviour I wanted so the Box will only get noisy when it renders Video (or some such heavy CPU load).

I know I could probably tweak the Bios manually but it won't function like this; and besides, it's what they got paid for.:cool:

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good mate. If the product is not doing what you want it to do return it.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B926mvzob6fccUVhUXE0MFd0ck0&usp=sharing confirm you have tried this version too please.

Asus AI SUite3 error? I finally figured out what was causing " access violation at address 00451314 in module "asussuite3.exe" Write of address 000003a8 " It is from the updated version "10051" of AI Suite 3 apparently it is a programing issue ASUS has no clue on. I have contacted them multiple times and come up with no results.. So if you have the latest version installed remove it " Uninstall " from the control panel and do a reboot into safe mode " F8 " if you don't know, then run the removal tool " file can be found on the forums here " while in safe mode it will remove all services from your computer. Now reboot your computer and install the version that came with your motherboard cd. Hope this helps the 100's of people with same error and no results from Asus!

Forgot to mention when you run the removal tool in safe mode there will be 2 files that will need be removed " Close program box will pop up " Close them both. Please be patient it is a slow process and you may have to run alt ctl del to end the removal tool. Then do a reboot into windows normally. Install ASUS ai suite 3 from the motherboard disk like I mentioned above and it should run the correct way....

If you install ASUS AI SUITE 3 from the motherboard cd version 1.0044 then you update it to 1.0051 you will receive the error above. The only time version 1.0051 worked for me was from a clean install of windows, But not about to format my computer just to run the new version..

Asus Z-87 Expert motherboard

Intel Core i5 4670k " HASWELL "

OCZ-Vertex4 128gig "SSD"

Western Digital WDC5003AZEK "HDD"

G Skill Rip jaws " F31600c9-8gxm "16gig"

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Corsair HX-750 power supply

Corsair Hydro series H-90 Cooler

Asus DRW-24F1st DVD drive

Cooler Master 932 " Blue edition " Case

Sebastain,

Thanks for the post. If this works you are Awesome. And the lack of Asus Support is unbelievable! I'll go check it out and advise. Unfortunately I'm off to dreamland as I've got a plane to Chicago in the morning. I'm back late Thursday and will try to give it a try. :cool:

HiVizMan
Level 40
CHeers mate Jim I hope your repped him.