cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g46vw Removing Rubber Feet?

YamiNami
Level 7
Hello,

Is there an easy method to getting the rubber feet of the bottom of the g46vw. I am trying to replace my hdd with a new SSD and I just cant get these feet off. I want to take them off in one piece so I can re-attach them after but they just wont budge.

I watched the disassembly video on youtube but the feet were already taken off.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3

YamiNami
Level 7
I am a giant idiot. I thought all 4 of the feet had to come off the 2 in the font are just super glued all over and have no screw. No I have to glue back the front one. Hopefully my misfortune saves others time.

City_Builder
Level 7
lol, After removing all the screws that I could see, as well as 2 more in the SRAM comparment I pulled off one of the rear feet and found a screw, so then pulled off the other rear foot and found the other screw. Then thinking there would be 2 more under the front feet I pulled one of them off only to find no screw.

I think it actually a good thing that I pulled off one of the rear feet first else if I had pulled off a front rubber foot first and not seen any screws, I'd just assume there were none under the rear feet either and would have gotten quite frustrated trying to find out what else might be holding it together.

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can use tweezers to thorn in to rubb and plug it. because that is using double-sided adhesive.