cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarted without wanted

cadesa
Level 7
Hello Everyone,

I bought 1 week ago a G750JW, I was very happy when I received my laptop but now I don't know if I choose the best option, I think because I found many problems with it.

I bought it to programming and test it with many virtual machines, and sometimes gamming (tentation :D), all was good until I tried to used the hibernate status, simply doesn't working, so I think "ok, a little bug" after that began to fail in every shut down because instead restarted, I looking for a solution trought google and saw that the "beutiful" (sarcasm) windows 8 has the issue (always windows), so I followed all the step to tried to repaired and works fine the shutdown (at least), the hibernate status I don't know how to fix it (help me, if you have a solution for this).

Ok, the main problem now is when I am working and left the laptop without use, this restarted without notice, this happend to me many times, and now I am tired to this, please help me to fix it this because the straw that broke the camel was in the middle of a presentation at the university with my students and simply restarted.

Please help me
Model: G750JW-RB71-CB
Ram: 16 GB
HDD: 2 TB HD
GPU: GTX 765m
14 REPLIES 14

PPanda
Level 8
This model is broken. Do not RMA, they will only make it worse.

Try to return it and open a complaint with the BBB.

Slavisha
Level 10
Hello Cadesa. I am sorry to hear that you have this problem. But this is not something you should stress about. If you are running the factory Windows 8 would suggest you to do same as i did, format the hard drive, and install Windows 8 extreme version. I have been using Windows 7 extreme and now windows 8 extreme version and i have never had any issues since windows 7 came. Now if you prefer to use the original version that comes from OEM i would then simply restore the windows using restore partition. If you don't want to go through this much trouble then maybe consider returning it to the store.
Let me know if you decide to go with windows 7 or windows 8 extreme version. Send me private message and i will tell you how to get one.

cadesa
Level 7
I sent the error details to the support, they said that I need upgrade my Bios controller to version 207, I upgraded it and now I am test it, for the moment I will wait and I will let you inform if the "fix" from the support was sucessfully or not.

Slavisha, I apreciate your help, just let me test it the laptop and if I regard that it's better break the windows I will ask for help 🙂

Slavisha
Level 10
Not a problem. I doubt that upgradung bios to 207 would fix the issue you have but who knows. Anyways , let me know if you need help.

cadesa
Level 7
Update the information after contact support:

1st test: the Suspended and hibernate status working now.
2nd test: the notebook still restarted (waiting more news from support).

Slavisha
Level 10
Cadesa,
would you mind letting me look at your computer? Support will never dive deep in to your particular issue. And if they do it will be across few days if not weeks.
Just install teamviewer and give me access codes and you can look what i am doing and we can fix this together. Its inside how many issues people have witht his machines i clearly should feel lucky one with mine.

Slavisha
Level 10
Intel Dude wrote:
any laptop i buy I format it immediately and install a fresh installation of Windows. Especially ASUS as their support is the worst and their drivers are outdated and ancient so power users must find their own drivers to get the most out of these machines

I definitely agree with this.
I see you have windows 8 64bit pro on your machine, how did you resolve the issue with embedded windows key in BIOS? I have retail key for windows 8 64bit pro but having trouble to find solution on how to go around the BIOS key. Any insight?

cadesa
Level 7
Slavisha, thanks, I will send you a PM 🙂

Intel Dude, I am use up all ways until literally BREAK W8.

According with support this could fix it:

method 1
1. Place your mouse in the upper or lower right of the screen or press shortcut from the Windows key + C.
2. Click on settings Charm
3. Click "Change settings for the PC" on the bottom of the screen.
4. In the left menu click on "General"
5. Scroll down on the right and click on "Start" button below "Remove everything and reinstall windows"

method 2
1) Press F9 repeatedly just after turning on the computer;
2) Choose the "Troubleshooting";
3) Choose "Restore your PC" to restore Windows 8 without losing
files or "Reset your PC" to reinstall Windows 8 ("clean install")
4) After you choose the desired option, press "next".
5) If the option was selected "Reset your PC", the wizard will ask if you want to clean the unit completely. To install the operating system integrally must press "Thoroughly clean the unit" and then "Reset".
6) Please allow to reach 100% to complete the installation.

After that they said:

In case the problem persist, please contact through the following link the USA Support to know how to use your warranty.

link: http://support.asus.com/hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Very funny support, very funny...

All that what they said there i would summarys within " format c" and install new windows.
Again Asus, as every other company trying to provide the OS that will be fit for most users but we all do different things and it is logicaly for each of us to modify our OS the way we like. So, no worries we will fix this up tonight over TW.

Slav