cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corsair obsidian 900d vs cooler master cosmos ii

skywalker311
Level 8
Hey everyone, so I have decided on one of these two case's. The corsair obsidian 900d or the cooler master cosmos ii.
Both are great looking cases and have a lot going for them. I wanted to ask what you think and if you should have one of these case please tell me what you love and hate about it. I will be modding the case out and adding my own flair to it. The cooler master cosmos ii has so many cool things that I can do with it. The only thing I wish it came with a side window. This has been one of the main reason I've started looking at the corsair obsidian 900d. I know I can get a side window put in it. How much would it cost for someone to cut it and put it in. I could do it myself. It just take some time to learn how to bend the acrylic window right.
Mnpctech makes one which is cool but I just don't care for that one. It a full window and I would like to have some of the panel still covering the side of the case. Then you get to the water cooling part. There is only so much you can do but that is where modding your case can fix a lot thing. Then you get to the corsair obsidian 900d. The only thing that I don't like is, it a box. Mnpctech has a great how to make a mesh front cover which is cool. I would not have any problem doing any kind of water cooling. For now a 360 rad and a 240 rad on a one loop system is all that I need but later you can expand. Any mod that get done on my case is from me and the real reason is $. So it hard and time consuming. Whats cool is I get to do builds for people once or twice ever 4 to 6 months. I been lucky that I have found a couple of guys that are in love with having a kickass pc but don't have a lot of $. It hard when you live from check to check. So when it time to do a upgrade I ask if they like to buy my hardware to help me do my new build. This is how I get to do the upgrade. If you are asking yourself why is he tell me all this. $350 is a lot on a case. If I could I go with a
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ11B. I'm not spending $600 on a case. I love it I just don't love it that much.lol
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.
16 REPLIES 16

Chino
Level 15
The Corsair 900D is awesome for water cooling and storing all those radiators you're planning to put in there. I love the Cosmos II too but the 900D gets my vote this time. 😉

Zeruel
Level 7
I have the 900D. It effectively uses its space better than the Cosmos in my opinion.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

kkn
Level 14
cramped when it comes to fasten the cards inside ( screencards )
i used almoast 5 mins per screw to get it in there.

skywalker311
Level 8
for which case
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

kkn
Level 14
the 900D.
got it a month + ago.

mob_bob
Level 7
cosmos 2 has style, 900d has performance values for water cooling !

both very good in their own way !

rammie
Level 7
true, mind that cosmos 2 can support water cooling (2 rads)

Missing_Link
Level 7
I just used a cosmos 2 case for my new build 2 days ago and i really liked the design and cable gromets for routing the cables,but keep in mind that this case is massive makes my stacker 832 look like a lego block lol...also the 2 doors are awesome and attached to huge hinges and the doors are also removable,only downside is that the case is big and heavy and requires alot of space to work on comfortably.
Motherboard, Asus Rampage IV Extreme.
Case, Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra Tower.
CPU, Intel i7 3930k.
GPU, Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780.
OS HDD, SSD Intel 520s 240gig.
Memory/Ram, Corsair 16gig (4X4) Dominator GT 2133mhz.
Sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR.
PSU, Corsair AX-1200i.
Watercooling, Corsair H100i.

I got a 900D last week, the only complaint I have is that there is no manual worth reading. However, there are many videos on the web which show you how to use the various options and this case has many options. There are so many ways to set up this case, it has a huge amount of room and you can truly make it your own. It is very well designed and built like the proverbial brick you know what.
I am very pleased with my choice.