cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need your help once again!

Viator
Level 7
Hello community, today my father asked me to buy parts for a gaming PC for my younger brother! And I need your help once again 😛

Budget: $1300
Main uses of intended build: Gaming (and browsering, microsoft office work)
Parts required: A rig, so the computer parts then a Monitor, gaming mouse and a gaming keyboard if possible within this budget.
Previous build information (list details of parts):
Monitor resolution: 1080p mostly, but if good enough will use in 1440p.
Storage requirements: Well a normal 7200 RPM 1TB HDD, and if you can fit in a 120gb SSD.
Will you be overclocking: yes he wants to overclock his CPU to 4.5Ghz, I think this is kinda impossible with such a budget tho. As for the Graphics Card its based on the model.
Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers): He might add another card for SLI in the future, he wants good built in sound card.
Extra information about desired system: Well if possible he wants it kinda red-black theme 😛
Hope to get some replies ^^
7 REPLIES 7

Krindor
Level 11
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pOLa
This is what I could make which will last quite a while but over the budget by 80$ and without a mouse and keyboard.
I personally don't like to recommend a 80+ bronze PSU but the price was really good and it could go to a better GPU instead.
The chassi can be changed depending on his preferences so let him look around and pick a chassi below 100$, the chassi I chose is just to get the estimated cost.
Just skip the OS and download MS 8.1 Preview for free until a OS is affordable.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Krindor wrote:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pOLa

+1, this is a great budget build. One note -- instead of the H60, spring for a H80i. It performs MUCH better for just $30 more, well worth the small additional cost.

If you need to shave some money off the build, you could probably go with a lower end motherboard than the Maximus (Z87 Plus, maybe?) and/or a GTX 760 (still a powerful gaming gpu) vs a 770.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

Viator
Level 7
$100 added to the budget.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1q08d

I've gone over budget too but the parts are all gaming stuff and mostly red and black with a bit of silver thrown in...

SSD and HDD.....you could leave out the case....must be able to scrounge a case from somewhere...and OS not included...but to stay current for a while...and to OC ...very OCable...fast RAM!

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1q08d

I've gone over budget too but the parts are all gaming stuff and mostly red and black with a bit of silver thrown in...

SSD and HDD.....you could leave out the case....must be able to scrounge a case from somewhere...and OS not included...but to stay current for a while...and to OC ...very OCable...fast RAM!

Wouldn't a 770 be better than a 7970?
And Arne you forgot a cooler ^^
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Krindor wrote:
Wouldn't a 770 be better than a 7970?
And Arne you forgot a cooler ^^

CPU comes with a cooler which will be fine to start with...;)

And I don't rate 770 or 680 over 7970 anymore...especially with VRAM difference...reckon 7970 will be slightly more future proof...but might depend on which games OPs brother plays...they are about same price so...

HiVizMan
Level 40
I must agree for starting out there is no need to go aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler works just fine and CPU dependant you could still get a quite and thermally sound OC at 4.2GHz and more than that is a waste as you will not gain anything significant in game.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.