cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX touchpad issue

Confused3nemy
Level 7
I got my G75 laptop about 3 months ago now, and it worked great up until a month ago. The touchpad would randomly stop responding and then work again. It kept getting worse over the next week until it stopped responding all together. At this point I used an external mouse (Razer DeathAdder 2013) to remove the driver and reinstall it. This fixed it for a week. So I tried that trick again, and now it doesn't work. I'm guessing it has something to do with the crappy Asus overlay, as I've never had this problem with stock Synaptics software.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to get the Windows 8 Synaptics software without the Asus Touchpad overlay. Or does anyone have any fixes other than contacting Asus, since they got frustrated and stopped trying to help. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thank you! 🙂

Helpful info and add-ons (might be one of these?)

Windows 8
G75VX
Razer DeathAdder 2013 w/Synapse 2.0
Steam and Origin installed
7 REPLIES 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
so you mean when you update touchpad driver from asus support site is not help?

Correct. It works fine without the Synaptics driver, but the Microsoft one offers no customization.

Confused3nemy wrote:
Correct. It works fine without the Synaptics driver, but the Microsoft one offers no customization.

1. uninstall driver in "device manager"
2. restart windows
3. then reinstall the driver from
HERE
4. restart windows again

Hopefully this will fix your issue!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
1. uninstall driver in "device manager"
2. restart windows
3. then reinstall the driver from
HERE
4. restart windows again

Hopefully this will fix your issue!

I already did this. It fixed it for a week the first time, but the second time it only fixed it for a day.

Confused3nemy wrote:
I already did this. It fixed it for a week the first time, but the second time it only fixed it for a day.

It sounds a bit odd that it works for a few days then goes out. Have you notice if this issue occured when you installed any particular software. If you re-install each time and seems to work for a bit it doesn't really sound like a hardware issue.

Fred@Asus wrote:
It sounds a bit odd that it works for a few days then goes out. Have you notice if this issue occured when you installed any particular software. If you re-install each time and seems to work for a bit it doesn't really sound like a hardware issue.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was already pretty sure its not hardware related. I did try removing the Razer Synapses software and driver, but that didn't change anything. I'm now almost certain it is a conflict though, as when I start-up the laptop, the touchpad works for a minute or 2 until everything is loaded. So I'll try and pinpoint what it is and update soon.

Confused3nemy
Level 7
So, I've talked to ASUS a few times now and finally took it up to Best Buy where I got it, and nobody has an explanation. Best Buy has already told me they will get me a new one since ASUS is willing to pay for it.