cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant BSODs.

Wheelz
Level 7
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums over since I got my Crosshair V Formula about a week ago, and figured it was about time I made a post. I have had nothing but difficulties with this board since I purchased it with constant BSODs. I absolutely love the feature set, and when it will stay running, it is simply amazing, but it staying running is very rare. Sometimes it will stay on for a few hours, others its just a few minutes. I have gone through both the memory settings and bios settings stickys here on the forum, and I am still having issues. I tried both of the released BIOS versions on the ASUS site, as well as the beta 0045 and 0051 versions and still having issues. I downloaded all updated drivers from manufacturer websites when I could. I have stress tested my video card (Just to be sure), and ran Memtest (which came up clear after 12+ hours). I even tried running my ram at 9-9-9-24 instead of 8-8-8-24. I even tried different sticks of memory.. The BSODs just come up under normal use (Web browsing that sort of thing). Any more Ideas?

My Current Setup:
Crosshair V Formula
Phenom II X4 980 3.7GHz
Corsair Vengence CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R (8GB 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 memory)
Corsair TX750 750 Watt PSU
EVGA GTX460 1GB Video Card
14 REPLIES 14

xeromist
Is there anything in the windows event log? Are you able to read any of the blue screen error or does it go away too fast? If you just can't read it because it's too fast you can disable that option and possibly get a better idea of what is going on:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Wheelz
Level 7
It was something or other is not less than or equal. I cant remember the rest, I will write it down next time it happens.

Wheelz
Level 7
Ok, it said Driver IRQL is not less than or equal. Then counted down and restarted, I turned the auto restart off and went to the event viewer.. it keeps showing an error report, but all it says is this:

BlueScreen
Not available

C:\Windows\Minidump\081911-27409-01.dmp C:\Users\Wheelz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33680-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Wheelz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_0_0_cab_0b211fa0

081911-27409-01

Something else I noticed now is youtube videos studder. It acts as though it is skipping frames.. but sound on the same video is fine.

Edit for Update:
Ok, so I got a little more info off of this more recent blue screen. It referred to:

** elq62x64.sys - address FFFFF88004A1B990 base at FFFFF88004A00000, Datestamp 4c364c04

Praz
Level 13

Wheelz
Level 7
Downloaded it, and giving it a shot.. thanks a lot for the responses. Hopefully that will help as it did the others in that post.

Praz
Level 13
Hopefully it will. Post back and let us know.

EAC
Level 7
That driver, or either the official Intel 16.4, or new 16.5 release will fix your BSOD problem.

Yes, the one Raja posted in the stopped the BSOD's, but the youtube studder is still there. Was the one Raja posted in that other thread the 16.4 or 16.5?

EAC
Level 7
I think the one Raja originally posted was a pre-release version of 16.4. The final 16.4 and latest 16.5 contain a working WHQL driver (11.11.43.0).

I wouldn't have thought the LAN driver would cause playback issues with youtube, that's more likely to be a graphics driver or Adobe Flash issue.