cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW Replacement Battery Questions

goodwill295
Level 7
Hello all,
I recently repaired my laptops motherboard, as posted in another thread, and everyone here was super helpful. So, i have decided to post a new question here about getting a replacement battery.

I have been shopping around for a new battery since mine is two years old now and I am confused on what kind to get. My OEM battery states that it is for a g73SW-XN2 and it is rated at 14.4V 5200mAH 74Wh. But all of the replacement batteries that i have looked at are rated at 14.8V including the original replacement battery from the ASUS eStore. But on the eStore it says it is compatible with almost all the latest G-series models, despite having different voltages.

So, any suggestions on where to get a reliable new battery?

On a side note, upon opening my laptop i found that the VGA is for a G73JH series laptop and that the shell itself says it is a G73SW-A1 laptop...
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think if you buy from asus estore, it is compatibility.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
goodwill295 wrote:

On a side note, upon opening my laptop i found that the VGA is for a G73JH series laptop and that the shell itself says it is a G73SW-A1 laptop...

Glad to hear your motherboard replacement went successfully.
Not sure how you are checking the VGA card model, but the G73JH is using the ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870 while the G73SW has the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M, so if you just check your display adapter in Windows this should help you tell the difference between the 2 models despite whatever is printed on the circuit boards.

Hope this helps!

cl-Albert wrote:
Glad to hear your motherboard replacement went successfully.
Not sure how you are checking the VGA card model, but the G73JH is using the ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870 while the G73SW has the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M, so if you just check your display adapter in Windows this should help you tell the difference between the 2 models despite whatever is printed on the circuit boards.

Hope this helps!

My apologies, it says G73JW on it not JH like i originally said. I'm just confused because my computer has so many different parts from different models it seems. The battery is a G73SW-XN2, the VGA is G73JW, and the shell is G73SW-A1. And all of these laptops take different voltages.

Here's a pic of the VGA Board

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Yes, the different G73 models are similar enough that some of the parts can be shared although some should be different, of course, so it sounds normal to me.

It makes a little more sense if you have the G73Jw VGA card for your G73SW since they both use the same NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM graphics. Guess we may not have had the chance to re-label it as the G73Jw/SW vga card, but doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

The G73SW appears to be using the newer Intel® HM65 chipset if you want to run a comparison with the G73Jw from the ASUS global site http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/