cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Control Error

saddog5523
Level 7
Hello everyone! I am completely new to the custom built computer world, so I am very much a noob when it comes to the gritty details. I built my first custom computer last Thursday, and have been loving it ever since. I have an Asus Maximus VI Extreme motherboard, and have most of the software installed that came with it; the main one being the AI Suite III. Every time I start my computer, I get two boxes that pop up with errors. The first is titled Aisuite3, and says: Server execution failed, ProgID: "AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager". The second is titled Dipawaymode and says the same thing as the first. I read of a person on here with a similar problem, and he solved it by doing a complete uninstall of the AI Suite III, cleaning the registry, and installing it again. I have tried that with no luck, as the problem still persists. It is really getting aggravating, so I'm hoping somewhere out there will be able to help me!

I have taken a screen shot of the two errors, though the uploader on here is not letting me upload the jpeg.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Browning
20 REPLIES 20

saddog5523
Level 7
I downloaded and tried to install the newest AI Suite III from Asus website, but it won't even open up the installer. Not sure what's up with that..

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that you try once again to remove all the bits and pieces that are left over that is what may be preventing the install happening. Did you use the AISuite removal tool?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Raja
Level 13
Use the AI Suite III uninstaller. Then run the installer for the latest version of AI Suite III again. The install box does pop up but it's invisible. If you wait a few seconds and press enter the install should complete - some weird bug when upgrading from an older build for some reason. I am not sure what the cause is - possibly Java but not confirmed. This has worked for a few people I know so far.

Make sure your board is running the latest UEFI as well.

-Raja

saddog5523
Level 7
Thank you both for your help on my problem. I completely uninstalled the AI Suite III and cleaned the registry. I tried to install the newer software and got aggravated because of the installer not popping up, so I clicked on restart, and the installer popped up. I was able to cancel the restart and install the newest software. That seems to have fixed the errors. I appreciate the advice!

I had the AI Suite that came with the disc installed. Everything was working fine. Then I upgraded to the new AI Suite 3 version on the ASUS website and now I'm having the same error that Saddog5523 posted about and I've tried uninstalling using the AI Suite uninstall tool and I've tried cleaning the registry. I used the registry cleaner on my Norton 360 software. Also, does anyone know what other files or traces that are left over that I should remove. Do I have to mess with the HKeys? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Almost forgot. I have the Z87 Pro mobo and the Intel 4770K. Thanks again.

saddog5523
Level 7
Well. My above post fixed the issue until today. When I turned on my computer I started getting the same errors. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling again, but has anyone had any luck with a long term solution?

Raja
Level 13
I'll have to ask HQ about the issue this week and see what they suggest.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I'll have to ask HQ about the issue this week and see what they suggest.

the problem is back in 2021. and it is going one with bot my x570-e motherboard and with my crosshair hero(x570) one too. i never had this problem till i think 1 month ago so I'm not sure wth is going on. installing an uninstalling cleaning reg won't do anything

saddog5523
Level 7
I really appreciate it. I'm installing AI Suite 3 again as I'm typing this. Maybe it will clear up the issue again.