Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Banned Array

Thanks to Asus and Nodens for the RealBench software...I'm addicted to it. Benching gave me real insight how my mobo and specially my Phenom works. Still a lot to learn and improve.
    Many thanks also to Myk SilentShadow, IM2L844 and many others who have inspired me with their tweaks and tips. I have achieved great scores. If you would like to have a peep at my latest score, please feel free to jump here:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

A special thanks to twisted1 (Intel Bencher), for his suggestions regarding voltages...I'm very greatfull for your input.
    Last edited by randyenergy; 07-22-2014 at 05:30 AM.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    I think I tried that.
    Here is what I do: I right click on the prog and choose "Run as administrator"...nothing happens. This noob is stuck!!!

Another problem is "msconfig"...when I choose "Diagnostic startup" and restart pc, then I can't log in to the RealBench to upload my results. I don't press "apply", just "ok".

Edit: There are 2 processes of RealBench running in "Task Manager". Tried to setup priority on both and both fail.
    Holy crap!!! I can't believe I missed your reply, may have been because I had no net access lol. Anyways!! the reason you cannot upload your scores from within Diagnostic Mode is because, if you notice, Networking has been disabled...not that it really matters as we can save our scores then upload...I usually just give my files the score for name and then upload afterwards in normal, bloated Win 7 haha

As for the issues with Admin, I dunno...but my act is admin anyway haha and I have seen a couple members have probs with priorities, but cannot remember what they did to fix the issue sorry mate.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Holy crap!!! I can't believe I missed your reply, may have been because I had no net access lol. Anyways!! the reason you cannot upload your scores from within Diagnostic Mode is because, if you notice, Networking has been disabled...not that it really matters as we can save our scores then upload...I usually just give my files the score for name and then upload afterwards in normal, bloated Win 7 haha

As for the issues with Admin, I dunno...but my act is admin anyway haha and I have seen a couple members have probs with priorities, but cannot remember what they did to fix the issue sorry mate.
    No worries mate, I have solved that problem by following the instructions of IM2L844, post #32, page 4 (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...amp-Tips/page4).

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Wait! What? There's a new titty bar in town? *weighing my options*

Okay, so here's little batch file I've thoroughly tested on my system that will turn off various services then open RealBench with realtime priority. After RealBench runs as many times as you'd like, click on "quit" and the batch file will automatically re-start all the services including Windows Explorer. Boom! You have your fully functioning desktop back. You must leave the Command Prompt UI open for it to work.

You may want to customize it for your particular services set-up, but as far as the basic structure of it goes, it should work for both Windows 7 & 8. There is more than one way to skin a rabbit though. This is just one. Your mileage may vary. I would advise against modifying it too much without at least some knowledge of your particular system's services.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.) Open a new text file in your RealBench folder then copy and paste the command lines below into it.

2.) In the first line and the next to last line, change the name of the internet connection from "Ethernet" to "the name of your connection". Keep the quotation marks.

3.) Go about halfway down the list of commands and change the location of RealBench.exe to where ever you keep yours (I happen to keep mine in the root directory).

4.) Now, Go to "file" and click on "save as" then do this in order: First, select the file type as "All files", type in a name you like with the .bat filename extension and press "Enter". That should save it in your RealBench folder as an executable .bat file rather than just a text file.

5.) Right click on the file and then go up to "send to" and over to "Desktop (create shortcut)".

6.) Go to your desktop, right click on the desktop shortcut then click on "Properties". In the bottom right corner click the "Advanced" button and put a check mark in the "run as administrator" box.

For the best experience, before using it, open task manager and disable all your third party startup programs (that can be automated as well, with the exception of some anti-virus and other maintenance programs, with the "tskill" or "taskkill" commands if you know the names and locations of the executables).

Now, just double click on the shortcut and you're off and running. I don't recommend using this until your fairly certain you already have a stable OC and your going for the gusto because, doing it this way, there are several steps to take before you can get a screenshot or snipping. I can try and explain how to do that, if anyone needs me to. If anyone is still sketchy about how to do any of this, just ask. I'll be happy to try and clarify, if I can.

netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=disabled
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    Net stop AppMgmt
    Net stop PeerDistSvc
    Net stop TrkWks
    Net stop WPCSvc
    Net stop iphlpsvc
    Net stop MSiSCSI
    Net stop napagent
    Net stop CscService
    Net stop RpcLocator
    Net stop SCPolicySvc
    Net stop SNMPTRAP
    Net stop StorSvc
    Net stop WbioSrvc
    Net stop wcncsvc
    Net stop WMPscworkSvc
    Net stop Browser
    Net stop SstpSvc
    Net stop SSDPSRV
    Net stop upnphost
    Net stop NcdAutoSetup
    Net stop WinHttpAutoProxySvc
    Net stop SharedAccess
    Net stop CertPropSvc
    Net stop HomeGroupProvider
    Net stop HomeGroupListener
    Net stop FDResPub
    Net stop wsearch
    Net stop Audiosrv
    Net stop VaultSvc
    Net stop Themes
    Net stop MpsSvc
    Net stop WSService
    Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop workfolderssvc
    Net stop LanmanWorkstation
    Net stop LanmanServer
    start /realtime /wait C:\RealBench\RealBench.exe
    START explorer.exe
    Net start AppMgmt
    Net start PeerDistSvc
    Net start TrkWks
    Net start WPCSvc
    Net start iphlpsvc
    Net start MSiSCSI
    Net start napagent
    Net start CscService
    Net start RpcLocator
    Net start SCPolicySvc
    Net start SNMPTRAP
    Net start StorSvc
    Net start WbioSrvc
    Net start wcncsvc
    Net start WMPNetworkSvc
    Net start Browser
    Net start SstpSvc
    Net start SSDPSRV
    Net start upnphost
    Net start NcdAutoSetup
    Net start WinHttpAutoProxySvc
    Net start SharedAccess
    Net start CertPropSvc
    Net start HomeGroupProvider
    Net start HomeGroupListener
    Net start FDResPub
    Net start wsearch
    Net start Audiosrv
    Net start VaultSvc
    Net start Themes
    Net start MpsSvc
    Net start WSService
    Net start wuauserv
    Net start workfolderssvc
    Net start LanmanWorkstation
    Net start LanmanServer
    netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=enabled
    shutdown /r

For simply testing stability with RealBench in realtime mode and explorer disabled, you could strip it down to this:

START explorer.exe
    exit

This too will give you your desktop back automatically once you quit RealBench and it's very fast.
    Is it possible to apply this system when running 3DMark Fire Strike/PCMark7? Will it improve the score? If the answer is yes, I will have to to change this: "start /realtime /wait C:\RealBench\RealBench.exe" to "start/realtime/wait C (or wherever the prog is installed)\3DMark\3DMark.exe"? Can it be done? If the answer is yes, then I need a few more changes.
    I have basic 3DMark and PCMark7 which cannot upload the results offline.
    So, I need to have explorer.exe and Browser to be enabled before pc is switched off in order to have my results online. Who can help me with this? When I'm done with 3DMark and PCMark7, I could always write an instruction in the running batch file to have explorer.exe and Browser services initiated in order to be online and have my scores. Can it be done? Anybody out there prepared to help?
    Last edited by randyenergy; 07-23-2014 at 02:47 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array MatsGlobetrotter's Avatar

Hi,

If you cant set priorities even if you are the admin account on win 7 then go tho the screen shown and move down the lever to "Never Notify". then reboot the machine. Before I did that it would either refuse or say the highest I was allowed to use as priority was high.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settingswin.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	39740
    It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by MatsGlobetrotter View Post
    Hi,

If you cant set priorities even if you are the admin account on win 7 then go tho the screen shown and move down the lever to "Never Notify". then reboot the machine. Before I did that it would either refuse or say the highest I was allowed to use as priority was high.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settingswin.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	39740
    Thanks, like I said above, have sorted out that problem.
    My question now is if it is possible to create a batch file similar to the one mentioned by "IM2L844" in order to run other benchmarks. Only problem with "IM2L844" batch file, is that when you are finished with RealBench (on which the results can be saved for later upload), the computer will reboot and start afresh. I need that to be changed in order to have internet immediately available after the bench run, in order to have my results online. As far other benchmarks are concerned (most of them do not let you save the results for later upload).

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Well, what you could do, is create a few different batch files for the various programs if you like and put their locations in, in place of Realbench and you can also remove the shutdown /r line too, to stop the auto reboot of your PC. As for the networking needed immediately, you could place the necessary services at the top of the list to get net connectivity back after you've run the bench program.

ROG Enthusiast Array Tuxxy Thang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Wait! What? There's a new titty bar in town? *weighing my options*

<SNIP>

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.) Open a new text file in your RealBench folder then copy and paste the command lines below into it.

2.) In the first line and the next to last line, change the name of the internet connection from "Ethernet" to "the name of your connection". Keep the quotation marks.

3.) Go about halfway down the list of commands and change the location of RealBench.exe to where ever you keep yours (I happen to keep mine in the root directory).

4.) Now, Go to "file" and click on "save as" then do this in order: First, select the file type as "All files", type in a name you like with the .bat filename extension and press "Enter". That should save it in your RealBench folder as an executable .bat file rather than just a text file.

5.) Right click on the file and then go up to "send to" and over to "Desktop (create shortcut)".

6.) Go to your desktop, right click on the desktop shortcut then click on "Properties". In the bottom right corner click the "Advanced" button and put a check mark in the "run as administrator" box.

For the best experience, before using it, open task manager and disable all your third party startup programs (that can be automated as well, with the exception of some anti-virus and other maintenance programs, with the "tskill" or "taskkill" commands if you know the names and locations of the executables).

Now, just double click on the shortcut and you're off and running. I don't recommend using this until your fairly certain you already have a stable OC and your going for the gusto because, doing it this way, there are several steps to take before you can get a screenshot or snipping. I can try and explain how to do that, if anyone needs me to. If anyone is still sketchy about how to do any of this, just ask. I'll be happy to try and clarify, if I can.

netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=disabled

<SNIP>

START explorer.exe

<SNIP>

netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" admin=enabled
    shutdown /r

For simply testing stability with RealBench in realtime mode and explorer disabled, you could strip it down to this:

START explorer.exe
    exit

This too will give you your desktop back automatically once you quit RealBench and it's very fast.
    BSOD

It has nothing to do with the bat file, except that my problems started when I used it. Took me a few reboots to find the problem which quite simply put, the script turns of explorer.exe and that's all it takes to throw a BSOD near the end of test 2

In disbelief I created a simple script that turns off explorer.exe and then runs realbench and every time I did it I get BSOD at the end of test 2. Go back to running with explorer.exe on and no problems.

I tried removing explorer.exe from the script but that causes other problems with other process/services so I gave up as I'm not that bothered at the moment.

The error reported was something along the lines of a interrupt was not handled with in the time parameters in a secondary processor. How that only happens when explorer.exe is turned off is beyond me.

I'll leave serious bench/stress testing to when I load the Linux system this week-end.

As always, I leave the Windoze world behind feeling amused/bemused/frustrated/tired and generally gob smacked, until the next time I boot Windoze to do some gaming.

Oh how I so wish the game devs would write for Linux or Mac
    Maximus VII Formula
    I7 4790K @ 4.65
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB CMY16GX3M2A2400C11A @ 2400
    MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti Gaming Edition
    Corsair H80i
    Silverstone Raven RV01
    OCZ-VERT EX4
    Crucial CT512MX100SSD1
    Chieftec 750w

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

Chill and launch....

depend on cooling and overclocking, instead of software manipulation..

Just a tips, and everything gets a lot easier

Gentle force, with a brute touch

ROG Enthusiast Array SB[NL] PC Specs
    SB[NL] PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processor5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16 GB DDR4-3000 Kit
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX TITAN X
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX580 DCUII
    Sound CardOn Board Asus RE5
    MonitorEizo CG241W
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb
    Storage #21 X Seagate 3Tb, 2 X Seagate 2 TB
    CPU CoolerNo Windows Phone App
    CaseSilverstone Fortress FT02
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2013
    Mouse Razer Black Mamba 2012
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro

Bitdefender Still doesn't like Realbench .. even after submitting the false positive file for the 3rd time in 6 months
    Last edited by SB[NL]; 03-21-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: still a problem

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast