cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
156 REPLIES 156

chevy350
Level 10
Looking forward to it :cool: Going to be geared toward general stuff or more towards specific components?
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

chevy350 wrote:
Looking forward to it :cool: Going to be geared toward general stuff or more towards specific components?

Probably general i'd say as there are already guides up for OCing and i'm usre there are Memory Tweaking guides too, i'm not well versed in either of these, so if there are none, someone may make a guide and place it here if they wish 🙂

meankeys
Level 13
Awesome
Looking forward to it. May be move Whitepaws video over here as well (great job WP thank you) Moved my MVE to the bench and upgraded my cooling I am ready. Thanks everyone for all your help and tweaks.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
"Using Diagnostic Mode"

If you're unsure just what Diagnostic Mode is, or why we even use it when Benching with Realbench, or any other Benching tool.

Basically "Diagnostic Mode" is useful if you're having Driver problems, as Diagnostic Mode boots with minimal services and drivers loaded...and since the OS is operating in a "lite" version of what you currently have set up & installed....it's not fat and bloated, which is why Diagnostic Mode is very valuable, unless you already have a "Stripped Down" OS that you bench with 🙂

OK, if you've never ever changed the Bootup Method that Windows Uses...here is how

1. Click your start bar(Windows 7) in the search box type "msconfig"(MS Config is where all important services, drivers and other junk is stored for boot time etc)

2. On the main window, just click the circle next to Diagnostic Mode

Please do NOT click Apply, this will change the bootup mode to "Selective Startup" which can load some programs at bootup and hinder your score, maybe a little, maybe a lot...depends on what you have installed. Just click OK and select Yes to reboot your system.

Retired
Not applicable
Here is a quick tutorial..

Its the basic Win7 tweaks, for scoring higher in real bench..

A little something for the newcomers..
1. Set boot to diagnostic mode= cmd/msconfig
2. Set power plan to high performace
3. Change the screen resolution ex. 800X600

Now i reboot and load a OC profile in bios
And returning to Win7..

1. Open ROG Realbench
2. Open task manager and set priority to realrime
3. Launch

Good luck..

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Setting Priority level for RealBench
The reason we change the priorities for programs, is to force them to become basically "on top" system resources are altered for your programs based on the priority level assigned to it, if we set the Priority on Realbench to "realtime" it gets the highest attention from the OS and all available resources are focused on RealBench.

1. Start RealBench, but do not use it right now.
2. Hit Control+Alt+Delete
3. Select "Task Manager"
4. On the "Processes Tab" scroll down until you see RealBench.exe
5. Right Click on it and select "Select Priority"
6. Click on "Realtime"
7. Click OK.

Killing Explorer.exe
Let's be honest here, Windows is a heavy pig of an Operating System, no matter how great they claim to have made it, the fact remains that the OS is huge and heavy and consumes a crap-load of resources. The "Desktop" Explorer.exe can at times it self consume a lot of Memory and if you've got a small amount of RAM, chances are it's filling pretty quickly with Explorer and other Windows junk and services....so, we kill off Explorer.exe to free up some valuable resources.

1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete if you're still not in task Manager
2. Select Task Manager
3. Processes tab, scroll down til you hit explorer.exe
4. Right click on it and select "End Process" - or just click end process on the bottom right of the window

After doing the "Killing Explorer.exe" .
Everything on my screen disappeared, or all of Icons were gone, nothing. nada.
Anyway, I added it back & everything was fixed.
ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150
Intel Core i7-4790K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (4.0 GHz)
Corsair Hydro Series H110i CPU Cooler
MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozer V
500GB SSD, 2TB WD
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
(PC3 12800)
Corsair RM 1000W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Cables
Graphite Series 760T Black Version Full-Tower Windowed

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Killing Explorer.exe
Let's be honest here, Windows is a heavy pig of an Operating System, no matter how great they claim to have made it, the fact remains that the OS is huge and heavy and consumes a crap-load of resources. The "Desktop" Explorer.exe can at times it self consume a lot of Memory and if you've got a small amount of RAM, chances are it's filling pretty quickly with Explorer and other Windows junk and services....so, we kill off Explorer.exe to free up some valuable resources.

1. Ctrl+Alt+Delete if you're still not in task Manager
2. Select Task Manager
3. Processes tab, scroll down til you hit explorer.exe
4. Right click on it and select "End Process" - or just click end process on the bottom right of the window 😛

5. Click End Process, in the next popup

6. Do not freak out if you've never killed Explorer.exe before, here is how you bring it back after you've run however many runs of RealBench you wish

7. Get a screenshot of your RealBench score first!!!
8. Control+Alt+Delete
9. Click on File
10. Click New Task(Run)

11. Type in Explorer.exe if it's not already in the next Popup and click OK

12. Be amazed as your desktop magically comes back to life 😉 😛

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
WhitePaw's Video Tutorials
WhitePaw wrote:
Here is a quick video tutorial
Its the basic Win7 tweaks, for scoring higher in real bench..

A little something for the newcomers..
1.. Set power plan to high performace
2. Change the screen resolution ex. 800X600
3. Set system startup boot to> dagnostic mode/click OK/reboot

Now i reboot and load a OC profile in bios
And returning to Win7..

1. Open ROG Realbench
2. Open task manager and set priority to realrime
3. Launch

Good luck..